Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread [ARCHIVED] • Page 5

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Yeah, NXT is in a weird place right now. I think the men's side will be fine - the three you mentioned, Apollo Crews, NAKAMURA!, there are enough guys to get a title push there. The women's side has been in a kind of slump since 3/4 of the Horsewomen moved to Raw. It's really anchored by Bayley and Asuka, with none of the other talent even coming close to those two IMO. I don't know where it goes post-Takeover, but I guess we'll see in the coming weeks.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Women's match will be 20 minutes long this weekend, and they will likely debut the belt there.

3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I hope the crowd won't be assholes during Brie's retirement speech.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I cannot get over how awesome Lucha Underground is.

5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Gotta wait until it pops up on iTunes, it kills me.

I have no doubt it was fantastic though, Lucha never ever disappoints.

6. here's my fantasy booking

Samoa Joe defeats Finn because HIDEO ITAMI shows up to distract Finn because it is shown that it was Finn that injured Hideo all those months ago thus solidifying Finn's heel turn

then Balor Club shows up at Raw after Mania and rules the place

DeviantRogue likes this.
  7. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Dammit Drew that's been on the wreddit fantasy booking train for weeks now!

I'm getting very excited for WM weekend, cannot wait to attend my first Wrestlemania, maybe in a few years when I get a real job I can make it a regular thing.

8. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Live wrestling is so much fun. I went to Takeover/Summerslam last year and it was one of the best things ever.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Hopefully, NJPW does their thing in Philly this year again. Would looooovvvvveeeee that. ROH show I went to was bomb.

Might do Takeover Brooklyn again depending on the landscape.

10. Statting to get really excited for this weekend. A couple of my friends have never really watched NXT and I can't think of a better way to introduce them to it than seeing Nakamura's damn debut.

11. bones Mar 31, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 31, 2016)
    bones

#HEEL

Well what have we here...

12. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Woah, didn't realize there would be a full thread already here. Stoked for tomorrow's show. Going to do Takeover/Summerslam as well.

13. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

So hyped for Zayn/Nakamura tomorrow.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

We should retire the AP belt and do something new since WWE is doing the same.

15. joe727

I wonder how many wrestling thread regulars we're going to lose in the transition. Like I wasn't even aware of the switchover until today.
    I wonder if PPP will eventually show up in here lol.

16. DeviantRogue

Best part of this site is just how easy it is to switch avatars.

17. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

If PPP doesn't figure it out I'm just leaving

18. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

PPP better show up, I need his big Wrestlemania prediction

19. DeviantRogue

DX

20. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I'm really banking on it coming to Netflix. I wanna get into it since everybody raves about it.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Insider info says it will be hulu, not Netflix.

22. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Ahh that's too bad. Hulu hasn't really shown to be worth subscribing to for me. I'm sure I can find it online somewhere.

23. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Hulu is a better choice to me. They aren't on a big station and now that Nielsen is going to start counting Hulu views they'll probably get a decent bump.

24. joe727

I love that I work for Nielsen and even I'm in completely dark on how Nielsen is going to count streaming views. They can maybe do it with the diaries(my department) but that is antiquated methodology and is very slowly being phased out, I definitely can't see how that would work with codereader or metermarket. Maybe they have some kind of new methodology us lowly sweeps week folk haven't been let in on yet.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Nielsen? Antiquated? You don't say.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.