Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread [Archived] • Page 5

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

These two (three?) are adorable.

2. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Don't know if it could realistically happen and they could offer them enough to make up for the loss in DVD sales, but I would love to see them work something out with FloSlam.

3. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

it's 2017 if I can't stream your product your company needs to upgrade. i'm not trying to buy 30 dvd's like it's 2003.

4. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

For PWG, it's a wall they can't climb. The DVD-only month-late model is the only reason they're able to get a lot of the guys that work with various other televised promotions that contractually forbid talent from working promotions that have streaming or TV deals, etc.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

6. jmwhit04

May Your Music Break My Eardrums Prestigious

If you could stream them, they wouldn't have access to half the talent they do. It is unfortunate, but it has to happen for them to remain what they are.

You can stream their shows on highspots network but it takes a long time for them to get uploaded.

electro haikus likes this.
  7. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

PWG has a working relationship with ROH (and maybe NJPW by extension) so they might actually be able to work around those issues if they were to get some kind of streaming service up and running.

8. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

Henry and oldjersey like this.
  9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

CORY BOOKER CUTTIN A PROMO ON HAITCH JUST MADE MY DAY

Groogz and Henry like this.
  10. preppyak

Elite Supporter

I got the Smackdown house show the week before on 3/11. Im thinking with Cena/AJ likely still brewing, Dean/Miz and Bray/Randy likely to be going as well, it should be a damn good show

11. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

There's a new (I assume) promotion in the area called "Violence x Suffering" in case any of the Jersey folks in here were looking for a show to skip.

12. Ruethless

King of Europe

Yeah, but Joey Ryan and Pinkie Sanchez are gonna be there

13. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

If an indie event takes place, and Joey Ryan isn't booked, did it really happen?

Oddpac87, shea and Henry like this.
  14. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I understand this and I still stand by my statement. There has to be another work around or an alternative way of doing things. It's a dying/dead media.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Lio Rush is there too. Love that guy.

16. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Well, PWG basically doesnt exist as a true wrestling promotion. It doesnt care about storylines, its titles are almost meaningless. It exists to put on the best showcases of wrestling possible. If they went to streaming and lost all the people they book who cant be there because of other TV deals, you'd lose about 90% of their matches.

I hate that it takes 2-3 months to even see their stuff after a show, but, I also watch Lucha Underground which is basically the same thing (taped months ahead, impossible to find on legit TV, etc)

17. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

One of the things I wish they wouldn't do is spoil some of the results on their DVDs. Like a few times when I open up the DVD case, one of the big results is plastered right on the DVD itself (someone holding a title, surprise return, etc) I get that spoilers are everywhere nowadays, but I didn't think they'd be right on the printing of the disc itself.

jmwhit04 likes this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Are you that good at avoiding social media? lol

19. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

I hardly ever go on twitter and don't follow many wrestling pages on facebook. The only spots I could find spoilers are here or reddit and most spoilers are usually tagged on both locations.

Either way, just a minor complaint. Certainly not going to stop me from buying/watching their DVDs.

20. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

How do you do the spoiler tag again? I know I'm terrible. But I just read something on WWEs site but I don't know if I need to spoiler tag it before bringing it up here. It could potentially be revealing

21. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

[ spoiler ] without the spaces starts the spoiler text [ /spoiler ] without the spaces ends the spoiler text

22. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Maybe I should just say that WWE released the paid Axxess signings and one name on there could potentially be a spoiler

23. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Thanks. I'm always scared I'm going to do it wrong and spoil something. Too much pressure. Lol

24. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

No problem.

25. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I also don't watch Lucha because I don't have cable and there's no legitimate way for me to watch it (unless it comes to netflix). Again, I understand their situation, but I just won't be watching PWG at any point until there's something else that means I don't have to buy DVD's that just then sit on shelves until I lose them or give them away.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.