Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 6: It's Poppy • Page 99

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Enzo. But he goes by Ozen the Chosen

2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Matt goes into the pond and is reborn, obviously

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

delvec19, Oddpac87 and shea like this.
  4. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Down the road I want a Darby Allin vs the elite feud. Darby as the face. Cody and bucks as heels.

Random thought. I was looking to buy a Darby shirt and was thinking how incredibly awesome his character is. And we are dealing with a company who hasn't fucked us time and time again so I'm genuinely excited what could come next.

I think that's why I just dont really care about nxt. Being burned from this company for a decade now I just dont care about nxt guys cause I dont see hope.

5. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I think Archer might actually be better than Hardy. Hardy's at his best when he just has free range to do his own thing. Whereas it feels like a very good fit for Archer.

6. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Dave was explained two weeks ago the idea is to just switch PPVs from Network to whatever OTT for just $10. PPVs like Mania might still be charged more. (So basically, Major shows would be a lot of money, but all you are doing for the other shows is move from one platform to another for the same price.)

Sounds like WWE is out here trying to save me $120/yr

GrantCloud and Nick like this.
  7. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Sounds pretty dumb. You already “devalued” your ppvs and set the standard for what they are worth the past 5-6 years. I’m not going to pay more to watch them. Now I would be willing to pay about an extra $5 a month with little tweaks to the network. I’d be willing to pay an extra $10 a month if they did something like offering other promotions or something. But I will never go back to the way it was before.

preppyak and PeacefulOrca like this.
  8. domotime2

I want all original theme songs from wcw and wwf

9. PeacefulOrca Feb 23, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 23, 2020)
    PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Hell, I'll pay 5 more dollars if they can get the app to not shut off my wifi after 10 minutes lol I would probably just cancel completely if they did this

10. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Its one thing to already have the Network because of Takeovers and watch the PPVs after...but I definitely wouldnt pay money for a show like TLC where half the matches just outright suck

11. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Yeah. If they remove the ppvs and then charge even 10 elsewhere I’d for sure just cancel and not buy the ppvs unless it looked really interesting. I don’t need the network to watch NXT anymore so why even keep it if they do that.

12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Would be funny if wwe does that and then aew reveals a new app

atticusfinch likes this.
  13. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I’d subscribe to an AEW network if it was similar in price to a WWE network and had similar offerings. I’m still at the point where I don’t think I’d pay for an AEW ppv. I get that wwe is probably leaving money on the table with the way the network is set up. Based on how much they got for tv rights I’m sure they’d make a lot more money selling that content. But they should have foreseen that before doing what they did with the network.

14. Every AEW PPV has been worth the money

atticusfinch and koryoreo like this.
  15. domotime2

I want to support.... I'm just. Idk. I havent bought a ppv in 20 years

17. Do you want the promotion to do well or not? It’s 60 bucks find 2 friends and split it haha

18. WWE has devalued PPVs so much that people don’t want to spend any money on ones that deserve the money

bigmike likes this.
  19. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

This is the answer right here. Also I don’t care about AEW enough yet. If I miss it, I don’t feel like I’m missing out really. But to be fair, if I didn’t have wwe network I wouldn’t be buying their ppvs either.

20. I get that $60 bucks for 3 or so hours of wrestling can be a lot but I have 3 buddies here who love wrestling so we just rotate who the host is and split it 4 ways haha

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  21. Also the revolution card is already a million times better than whatever the WM card is gonna be

22. preppyak

Elite Supporter

I think WWE would be a pretty dead company without the Network; I know I wouldn't have gotten back into it if PPVs were $50/month. That stretch leading into WM32 was a disaster, and the ratings post WM33 dropped really hard as well.

AEW gets what, 100k buys for a PPV? And that translates to <1 million in TV viewership. RAW and SD might have been staring down the same outcome, and way smaller TV deals, if people were expected to pay $50 to watch Jinder title defenses at dumpster fire PPVs like Battleground 2017.

23. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Also, like, would WWE expect people to spend big money on the Rumble, then $10 on the Saudi show, then $10 a week later for Elimination Chamber, then big money again for Wrestlemania? If the big PPVs are $40 or $50, you're talking $100 to follow the WM build...instead of $30ish

Maybe if WWE cut back to like 8 PPVs a year I could see it...but on the current model, I think they see a huge drop in viewers.

24. domotime2

i know i know. Hey, i'm trying to get the courage to take off work so i can go see Dynamite in a few weeks. But mannnnnnnnn. Ugh. can I just buy 3 t-shirts or something instead?

I hate paying to go to movies and i hate paying more than like $40 for concerts. I'm cheap sometimes

25. Ruethless

King of Europe

Shrek, Oddpac87 and Henry like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.