Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 6: It's Poppy • Page 98

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. God I hope this is the only Goldberg appearance

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

His match with Brock at Mania was fuckin awesome

PauLo likes this.
  3. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Agreed.

4. That’s the best use of Goldberg tbh

5. PauLo

43% Burnt

6. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Let Goldberg spear The Fiend at Saudi... but The Fiend was wearing a metal plate this entire time lmao

GrantCloud and amorningofsleep like this.
  7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Fiend's gonna kick out of the spear after the 1 count

8. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like I'm about to start buying wrestling figures again as an adult.

Contender, atticusfinch and bigmike like this.
  9. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

The MJF figure is legitimately one of the best looking figures I have ever seen

atticusfinch and bigmike like this.
  10. 16508A66-D4E3-4604-A329-38EFF9ADCDAF.jpeg

11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea they showed those aew figures on Wednesday and it was really cool to watch the wrestlers react. They all look pretty great.

12. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

I pre-ordered a few of the AEW figures from wave 1. My money is gonna fly away when MJF and the Lucha Bros drop.

13. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

If you haven’t yet, go look at the retro Nattie figure with the different color hair they are about to put out. It is insane how much it actually looks like her.

LuigiPeppercorn likes this.
  14. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Bianca vs. Charlotte announced for NXT this week

Contender and PeacefulOrca like this.
  15. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

After I started watching wwe again in late 2016, after a break since 2004, Sami Zayn immediately became my favorite guy. And now I wonder if he even can be considered a wrestler rn. Incredible how wwe fucked him up. He is so good on the mic and in ring, likeable guy who can be both heel and face. Yet they have nothing for him

clucky likes this.
  16. clucky

Trusted Supporter

My understanding is that is shoulder is still giving him issues and he doesn't really enjoy wrestling anymore which is why he's transitioned into the more managerial role.

It sucks. I'd love to see him go to AEW and rediscover his love for wrestling. But I also can't blame him if he wants to get paid and work a lighter schedule and still have a platform for his Sami for Syria stuff.

bigmike and iamNex like this.
  17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Oh man

Sami in AEW

Fuck.....

That would be absolutely incredible

iamNex and amorningofsleep like this.
  18. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Just like I said yesterday... I miss the blue thunder bomb.

obviously we don’t know his whole situation but it’s pretty crazy how some are just content with what they’re doing. Like if he’s choosing not to wrestle and wants to stick with them good for him. Or what we hear about Shinsuke that he just wants to make money and surf. Seems like Gallows and Anderson are content too. You know, unless they’re not. Lol.

like it sucks for us as fans to not see these guys live up to what we want for them but maybe they’re just like I’m content with what I’ve done, this is good now. Looking at you Zack Ryder

19. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Dave Meltzer noted in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Zayn is still bothered by shoulder problems and that is one of the key reasons why he wrestles so little and why he is in a manager role.

This is really the only way the Sami thing makes sense. He's too good on the mic and in the ring for him to not at least be doing a lot of jobbing for top card feuds. Hes exactly who you feed to an Aleister or D-Bry when they dont have a major feud going.

I could see him leaving longer term if he wants to wrestle and WWE wont let him. But the way he got cut out of house shows and shortly after was doing the manager thing seems to indicate he cant work the normal schedule.

20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Catching up on Dynamite this week as I’ve barely had time to watch it since before Christmas. Holy shit AEW is on a roll this year. Every episode has been great.

Sami vs Nakamura got me back into wrestling. Sami blew me away. I had watched AJ vs Nakamura at wrestle kingdom the week before that Takeover and I stayed up to watch Nakamura in WWE but Sami was the reason I stayed watching wrestling.

iamNex likes this.
  21. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Just caught up with Wedensdays shows. For the first time since they started going head to head, I thought this weeks Dynamite was tremendous and NXT was just not good. There's been a good amount of weeks where I felt like NXT was so far head in quality, but AEW is really nailing it right now.

22. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Even when not comparing to AEW, that really was a poor episode of NXT

23. preppyak

Elite Supporter

atticusfinch likes this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

With Shibata not being around anymore, Shingo has become my fave wrestler.

25. Archer maybe?

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.