Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 6: It's Poppy • Page 900

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

this is all exciting but i'm really hoping that it doesn't cause any AEW talent to get buried

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  2. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I don’t know if buried is the right word but at some point there has to be cuts or contracts not renewed or something

preppyak likes this.
  3. I’d say a lot of the people we see on Dark frequently won’t be on Dark in a year lol. They are growing quite fast.

Drew Beringer likes this.
  4. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Yeah, they started their roster out at a time when WWE was signing anybody who could bump to 5yr deals, the original AEW roster is pretty thin in reality.

And losing out on say Shawn Spears/Angelico/Jack Evans/Aaron Solo...honestly, throw in like a Hager/Matt Hardy type...when what you get back is Aleister Black/CM Punk/Daniel Bryan/Adam Cole...yeah, thats a trade every AEW fan should root for

atticusfinch likes this.
  5. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

If she shows up, we're definitely getting the Rancid track as an entrance. Possibly them showing up to live play her out on a big show.

atticusfinch likes this.
  6. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

I think having someone as creative as Matt Hardy is very good for AEW, maybe not in ring, but having Matt still adds a lot imo.

amorningofsleep and preppyak like this.
  7. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Aew is going to have four shows now? I feel like there will be enough time for wrestlers but I’m not sure if they will like just being on a show that’s strictly on the interwebs haha

Ruby is a signing they realllly needed. I don’t think it’ll be hard for her to move up in the division.

8. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Oh yeah, I should say the way they use managers/valets, he's perfect for that role. But I should see like 4 Matt Hardy matches a year, max.

iamNex likes this.
  9. iamNex

Keep Shida face, keep Britt heel, make Ruby a Moxleyesque type. Boom, great feud.

atticusfinch likes this.
  10. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

why do wrestling promotions feel the necessity to have so many shows per week? I fucking love aew but not a chance am I watching four shows a week. I barely squeeze in time for dynamite every week.

atticusfinch, iamNex and Nick like this.
  11. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Unless you're a weirdo like me who watches both Dark/Elevation, I don't see the three hours between Dynamite/Rampage being that big of an issue.

12. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Yeah, I'm only making time for Dynamite + Rampage.

Ruby is another star, which is what the women's division needs.

Now...signing, say, Bray at this point? I think that's one body too many. Heck, as much as I like Cole, I'm not sure where he'd fit in.

My gut says Janela doesn't get renewed out of the year one guys.

13. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Best case scenario Omega has a couple of years left...Jericho is clearly winding down. Punk/Bryan are 40+. Moxley aside, most of AEW's top-line guys are old or special attractions. Likewise, they are clearly transitioning a bunch of their year one guys to coach/producer/talent relations roles (Dustin, Chris Daniels, Colt Cabana, etc)

Pretty easy to imagine finding a slot for a couple of 30ish year olds with some of the best defined characters in the industry.

edit: Adam Cole was in PWGs first 5* match and in 3 of 13 5* matches in the WWE. There's maybe like 5 wrestlers on the whole AEW roster I'd keep over him.

Mick and amorningofsleep like this.
  14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I might watch Rampage? But yeah it took me nearly a week to watch Dynamite from last week haha

15. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

There’s a bunch of wrestlers who probably won’t get renewed, the issue to me is more like, you other wrestlers to become more popular organically and I’m not sure how easy that would be when you have so much potential surrounded by bray wyatt and whoever else they might be interested in. Obviously they’ll book stuff better than wwe but it’s still worrisome.

16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I’d rather Bray go to the NJPW full time to be honest. Think he would do good stuff there.

17. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I don't watch Dark/Elevation so I'd have to watch Dark/Elevation/Rampage + whatever happens on BTE that matters in storylines but never gets recapped properly on Dynamite. That's so much wrestling television.

18. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

that’s why a partnership of every other wrestling company is so good, builds up all the smaller wrestling brands and that helps lesser known wrestlers have more of a chance. Bray goes to njpw and does well but sometimes he can show up at aew or impact or nwa to have a feud. It keeps everything more fresh and interesting.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

To be honest, I miss NXT being an hour long. I loved it. Just a quick hit of good wrestling every week so Rampage might be my thing.

20. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Rampage is DVR at best. I rarely watch Dark and Dark Elevation but from what I've seen of them, its not much. Its record padding for the stars, and 5-10 minute matches for the young talent who need the reps. Those shows aren't set up to be must watch, but more so a fun thing to throw on in the background if you can

I will say, its cool that its taken seriously, and AEW have found their footing with the records, so even if a young talent is in the very early stages now, they can lose, but in 5 years they can actually make a full story out of their comeback

21. iamNex

On the other hand, AEW has been quite good in creating/elevating new stars: MJF, Darby Allin, Jungle Boy, Sammy Guevara..even John Silver.

22. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

the fans finally have gotten what they want, we're back in 1997

bigmike likes this.
  23. As a WCW mark: good

Matt and bigmike like this.
  24. campeondeluniverso

nah.

good for 2.0 (Ever Rise) for landing in AEW

25. shea

RIP Supporter

Started dynamite a few minutes late but juvy looks a little shaky.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.