Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 6: It's Poppy • Page 90

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. I think the hated the last half of Cole Ciampa match - so many false finishes just diminishes all their finishers - it was so incredibly overbooked just endless moves with no consequences and the Gargano turn didn’t feel earned at all

Lee/Dijakovic will be the best NXT match of the year

2. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Bianca/Rhea soooo goo

finishing watching this

3. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Y’all hate Charlotte but did you hear that pop?? She’s a star

I’m usually against all the multi person matches but I’d love for Charlotte/Rhea to become a triple threat with Bianca.

4. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

In the ad for it it said “a new series”

5. Gargano Ciampa needs to be a loser leaves NXT match

preppyak likes this.
  6. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

What a great live show! Every match delivered and the crowd was hot all night. I enjoyed the NXT title match and was surprised by the Gargano turn. NA and Tag title matches were by far the best live.

7. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Dammit this tag match is so good too

8. preppyak Feb 16, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 16, 2020)
    preppyak

Elite Supporter

Meh. I think they've set up Charlotte v Rhea really well and its a clean, easy story. Add Bianca in there and it becomes like Becky/Charlotte/Ronda where you have to create convoluted elements to make it make sense.

Bianca probably gets a match on NXT TV against Charlotte in the build.

9. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Think my favorite match was the tag match. Don’t like the Gargano heel turn. Didn’t like him as a heel last time. And hopefully the title doesn’t get involved some how. But really, just can’t complain about anything NXT is doing. Couldn’t ask for more.

I wonder what the women will do at Takeover Tampa since the title match with be on Mania

10. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

it is never good for 33 percent of a PPVs matches to end in interference, flat out. i enjoyed this show but it felt like something a Takeover has never felt like before - filler to set up the next Takeover. that's the crack in the armor we are going to begin to see as a two hour weekly show begins to feature the same guys every week and lead to X amount of Takeovers, where previously, the talent rotated in and out over weekly taped hours and had like four big shows a year. it felt the most WWE in respect to the layout that its felt yet.

that said, a lot of good fucking wrestling on this thing.

Drew Beringer likes this.
  11. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Gargano/Ciampa is going to melt faces, and i totally get why everyone involved is probably hellbent on making it happen and finishing that story, but this wasnt the way imo

12. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Watching the Ruthless Aggression doc. I was out of wrestling during this point but I remember seeing Brock Lesnar at the time and thinking fuck this guy is sooo unnaturally built and ridiculous looking. Yet he’s so much bigger now.

13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Welp. Guess I gotta catch up on NXT UK. I’m going to a takeover!

They god damn better give us Devlin vs WALTER. I need another one of those bangers in my life.

LuigiPeppercorn likes this.
  14. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Caught up on what I missed last night:
    Lee/Dijakovic was nuts
    Nox/Kai was awesome aside from that scary finish
    Gargano/Balor was a little boring but got good
    Ripley/Belair was fine but it didn't feel as important as it should have. Should have been more of a heavy hitter

15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I haven't watched but theyre the first bad things I've heard of Ripley/Belair and Gargano/Balor. Most of the negatives I've seen are towards the Cole/Ciampa ending.

16. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Probably just me being a weirdo then lol

17. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Eh...I also didn’t love Gargano Balor.

18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Oh I'm not saying that everyone should like it but I just didn't read anything negative about them till then. Most negatives seemed to be about the two run in (I think that's what happened) endings

I guess what I was thinking is a lot of people judge matches solely on the finish rather than the rest of the match and all I'd read were negatives about the finishes rather than the actual match. If that makes sense?

19. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Nox/Kai might genuinely have been the best match of the night if the ending was clean; it felt like the strongest story and the match fit what they had built. Now its up to Racquel to pay off going with that finish

I felt the same way, and I think a big part of the problem is they couldnt match the physicality Lee/Dijakovic, or the viciousness of Nox/Kai, so it felt weaker in comparison. As a normal TV match, it probably was great, but I only saw it after 3 stronger matches.

ghostedaway likes this.
  20. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I think Charlotte's involvement in all of this killed the aura of that match.

I hate this faux brand split so much

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

the hangman stuff in here is actually great

amorningofsleep likes this.
  22. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Not the best takeover.

Part of me loves they’re gonna continue the Gargano/Ciampa story, but no title is involved and now the roles are switched. I wanted Ciampa with the belt, and Finn to go after Ciampa at the next Takeover with Johnny in Ciampa’s corner, THEN have Gargano turn on Ciampa after he retains Goldie.

I guess they telegraphed it all night tho who was gonna lose. Did anybody else notice the constant camera focus on the Jumbotron picture of the eventual loser of each match? It was there every match but the Tag match.

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Sasha is gonna be on The Mandalorian. lol

24. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Actually, the easy answer to this is that was the only title change, and they put the "Challengers" image on the side opposite of the ground camera. But the big graphic faces were weird to see popping up so frequently.

oldjersey and atticusfinch like this.
  25. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Gross, Jim Cornette is on this Ruthless Aggression series.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.