Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 6: It's Poppy • Page 83

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Ruethless

King of Europe

Didn't want to go head to head with GCW, HHH fears GCW

2. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

Are TakeOvers always on Sunday if there's not also a main roster PPV that weekend?

3. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I want to say this is the first. They are usually always on Saturday. I think there was a couple of Wednesday ones too?

Mick likes this.
  4. Ruethless

King of Europe

Jungle Boy and Marko Stunt just showed up at GCW

amorningofsleep likes this.
  5. koryoreo Feb 15, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 16, 2020)
    koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

This is the first Sunday Takeover. I could see it being a thing. It's sold pretty well here in Portland. They've opened up the 300 level because all of the tickets for 100-200 level sold out. Lots of people from Seattle coming down for the show.

6. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Yeah, the Wednesday ones were Pre-Brooklyn, I think every one since then except London has been a Saturday...and even London was a fluke because of the way the tour timing worked out.

7. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Takeovers being moved to Sundays is fucking dumb but at least Monday is a holiday so it kinda feels the same

8. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Well given that Sundays are kind of a shitty sports day after football season ends its probably a smart move. Saturdays would be going against UFC, NBA and all sorts of college basketball and now the XFL lol

9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

It amazes me how Meltzer manages to have a cough for 2 months the same time of year every year

10. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

They are going up against the NBA All-Star Game tonight, though

koryoreo and PeacefulOrca like this.
  11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Feels like a dumb decision but I feel like most wrestling fans arent as much into basketball as football and baseball

12. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Well last night would have went against All Star Saturday night which is tough as well. Also younger people go out a lot more on Saturdays than Sunday. Plus fans can watch Takeover after the game if they want though Takeover starts before the game which is an advantage in my book. Considering Sunday is the traditional WWE PPV night I don't think its a bad idea to switch nights long term.

13. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Lets be real, does it really matter how many people watch a Takeover on the network?

Mick likes this.
  14. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I mean not really since the TV deals are the cash cow, but I assume it helps with overall subscribers? I wouldn't have the Network if it weren't for NXT lol

15. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

16. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

While Takeover being on Sunday kinda stinks, guys...this card is insane and maybe the best Takeover card ever on paper

17. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I totally forgot that Ricochet is getting a title shot. I think I just totally forgot Ricochet exists in general. Way to go Raw

atticusfinch likes this.
  18. Ruethless

King of Europe

19. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Sasha Banks will be in season 2 of The Mandalorian

20. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

based on the rock's last instagram post, simone has been training at the performance center since she was 16

21. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

She’s definitely been there a while usually showing up in the stories of some of the NXT wrestlers on social media.

22. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Just watched the Tegan mini doc and man I feel for her. I hope she doesn’t so much as break a nail for the rest of her career.

Mick likes this.
  23. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Steiner math joke someone made making fun of this image:

Ruethless likes this.
  24. Ruethless

King of Europe

Damn, I would had liked to see that

25. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

It was Samoa Joe in Bernie's spot with 8.33% and Steiner and Angle on the other side with 141.67%. Biden was still Biden.

Shrek and Ruethless like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.