Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 6: It's Poppy • Page 81

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Actually, other way around...though I guess this doesnt include Network numbers. But AEW has a bigger bump when you include Live + 7: 411MANIA | AEW Dynamite Drawing 1.2 Million Viewers in DVR Viewing; NXT Approaches 1 Million

Which is further supported by their big drop at Thanksgiving, etc. Its also why TNT would be more than happy to renew them even if they are more prone to drops week to week; because if you'r fanbase will tune into a really great NBA matchup, the network featuring a ton of NBA games is fine with that.

I wonder a little if USA doesnt hold RAW/NXT back a little in finding younger viewers.

2. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

I just think it's fucking rad that there are two wrestling shows with good, fairly consistent numbers week after week also churning out QUALITY programming

bigmike, Shrek, oldjersey and 3 others like this.
  3. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Im incredibly happy AEW exists, in part because of how its pushed NXT to up its weekly TV game.

Just wish either show showed a sign of drawing in new fans. Long-term, I dont see how televised wrestling sustains with like, 1.5 million fans in total watching any show.

4. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Cathy Kelley has announced her exit from WWE

GrantCloud and amorningofsleep like this.
  5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Ready for a champions weekend

6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Cait is going away to her friends in Orlando for the weekend, gonna play at least 18 hours of video games and will follow my usual hygiene schedule of not showering

7. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

8. amorningofsleep

Really excited to see if Gage can win the GCW title back off of RSP on Saturday.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

lol I can't imagine Cathy quitting without having somethign else lined up.

10. She’s All Elite

11. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I doubt it since in her letter she called NXT the best wrestling on tv

12. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

Bummer about Cathy Kelly. She was great. Excited to see where she lands. It's insane to me that WWE still haven't seemed to figure out a way to really use both her and Renee to their full potential.

oldjersey, Shrek and amorningofsleep like this.
  15. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Definitely thought she’d be a lifer.

16. devenstonow

Noobie

She's probably going to ESPN or something

I was really confused the other day when I randomly put on First Take and Charly Caruso was hosting

17. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

She’s been doing stuff with ESPN for a while now. Think she made it a point to sign a deal that let her do both. Renee/Charly/Cathy are all so good

18. amorningofsleep

19. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

if a 50 something second generation pro wrestler from Texas is more progressive than you, you better check yourself

20. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Had no idea nyla was even trans. People are idiots

21. amorningofsleep

The amount of transphobia online since Wednesday has been fucking exhausting. If I hear one more goddamn person say "but phobia means that you're scared of something", I'll fucking lose it.

22. lol seems legit

23. Ruethless

King of Europe

If legit, it'd be funny if Smackdown got their highest ratings without him

24. I mean it’s definitely a work so that when he interferes it’ll be SHOCKING

25. devenstonow

Noobie

Yeah okay, like Corbin will make it past the the great indie wrestlers of Vancouver

i mean

Yeah okay, like Corbin will make it past the great security guards of Vancouver

GrantCloud and preppyak like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.