Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 6: It's Poppy • Page 80

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Its really cool seeing where all of the Lucha Underground guys ended up. Most all of the roster ended up in much better promotions following that.

2. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Yeah that’s the dumb thing about hall of fames. If you deserve to go in, put em in. Hate how in sports like baseball they won’t put someone in right away for political reasons. On the flip side, a hall of fame has no rubric really soooo...

3. PauLo

43% Burnt

Bloody love those Broserweights skits. Genuinely funny comedy in WWE? I am shook.

preppyak likes this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

atticusfinch and Contender like this.
  5. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Anyone got the scoreboard

6. NXT has only won twice and one of those was a week where there wasn’t an AEW episode haha

7. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

AEWs number fluctuating as much as it does is kinda insane

8. preppyak

Elite Supporter

AEW's been doing 900k+ lately, so Im a little surprised to see them off. Though, usually when AEW goes down, NXT goes up by a similar amount...here, just seems like 100k didnt watch AEW. Id be really curious to know why AEW jumps up and down like tha

9. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Would've thought the Cody thing would raise aew, wonder what happened there.

10. preppyak

Elite Supporter

It is kind of nuts

NXT since coming back live in 2020...all in the 700k range and pretty steady
    Jan. 8: 721,000 / .19
    Jan. 15: 700,000 / .21
    Jan. 22: 769,000 / .24
    Jan. 29: 712,000 / .22
    Feb. 5: 770,000 / .22
    Feb. 12: 757,000 / .24

AEW since coming back live in 2020...a 150k swing from best weeks to worse, and 100k swings regularly.

Jan. 1: 967,000 / .36
    Jan. 8: 947,000 / .36
    Jan. 15: 940,000 / .38
    Jan. 22: 871,000 / .35
    Jan. 29: 828,000 / .34
    Feb. 5: 928,000 / .36
    Feb. 12: 817,000 / .30

11. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Not surprised to see AEW fall a little this week. On the west coast they were going up against Lakers vs Nuggets which is a top 2 matchup in the west.

12. PauLo

43% Burnt

Ratings don’t matter

domotime2 likes this.
  13. EntryLevelTank

Sure they do.

slowheart likes this.
  14. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

very very curious to see how the Cody/Wardlow and Omega/Pac shows draw ratings wise

15. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I think it's silly to analyze such minuscule changes in tv ratings. Theres a myriad of reasons why a show can go up and down by that amount. At least I doubt its because of any one specific wrestler or angle. To me ratings are more useful to analyze long term.

Especially in today's world of watching content

preppyak likes this.
  16. EntryLevelTank

I agree with that. A single basketball game can throw things off. But they def matter in terms of a trend.

17. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

as long as the trend continues to be AEW winning every single week i doubt they're too fussed

18. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I’m a few weeks behind on dynamite and catching up tonight but Britt Baker fucking sucks

Ruethless likes this.
  19. domotime2

how far away are you?

20. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

21. domotime2

I said the same thing just 2 weeks ago. Lets see if you change your mind like I did.

22. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

I quite literally made a post about it and everything!

23. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

Yeah, that's the more interesting trend to me. NXT's numbers all seem to stay right in the same ballpark, whereas AEW's fluctuate more wildly.

24. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I think AEW fluctuates because it draws a different demographic. Its a lot lf younger people that might switch to basketball or any other big sporting event going on and tends to probably go out more on a Wedensday. It also draws a lot of DVR attention. NXT draws a lot of older, long time WWE fans so it makes sense that its ratings are more consistent.

25. PauLo

43% Burnt

Don't forget that NXT is on the Network the next day. So I should imagine more people watch AEW on the day and NXT the day after.

Mick likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.