Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 6: It's Poppy • Page 79

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. preppyak

Elite Supporter

For how serious NXT has been since the USA launch, it was awesome to see some shenanigans back. Even more awesome that they only formed as a team a month ago:

2. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Pete’s serious tone just works naturally with Riddle’s goofiness in the best way.

3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Is Dunne gonna turn on Riddle if they lose tho?

4. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Hell yeah! Congrats.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm kinda hoping its the other way around lol

6. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I think I'd prefer it that way too

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

preppyak and amorningofsleep like this.
  8. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

F36087B7-9973-4B56-A8D1-B32724F04DBC.jpeg

i drove to austin from houston (after getting a goddamn root canal), and i can say that this was one of the best episodes of dynamite since the first 3 debut episodes. i looked at my watch when it was 8:30 and i couldn't believe how fast time went. that show had a damn good flow. opening tag was great. baker's stick work is getting much better, dustin and sammy had fun, santana could be a breakout singles star in a year or so after that backstory promo, jeff fucking cobb, smart call having mjf (heat magnet) against a hot up and comer like jungle boy. nyla fucking rose, and the main event achieved its purpose. i hope the crowd came across as loud cause the arena is not just smaller, but shorter. alot better acoustics than the show i went to last december in corpus christi.

that being said.. from 71, i've never taken any toll roads in austin, but i'm sure glad i did. all the traffic and construction goin on right now, that drive could have been an utter catastrophe. made it in the door with minutes to spare before 7. i'm off next week for vacation, and i'm tempted as fuuuuuck to make the drive to atlanta. they just recently opened up the 200's leven seating due to demand, and also the rest of the 100's sections between the hard camera and entrance...

9. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

Dan saw Poppy last night. Just forewarning everyone.

Henry and Ruethless like this.
  10. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Dan didn’t wish me a happy birthday so nobody should care

Mick, Henry and Ruethless like this.
  11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Wtf when was your bday

12. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

holy shit AEW is one confident promotion right now! That was one of the most confident, consistent, best dynamite episodes so far. They did soooooooooooooo many excellent things this week.

- Announce team is clicking and working a lot better. JR's not flubbing as much, Tony's talking more, Excalibur is solid. It's starting to click
    - Brit Baker, you've arrived. GREAT promo, great content. We have our first solid female character on the show.
    - I would've saved beating Riho for baker, but that's fine. It was time to move the title along. Nyla Rose looked great in that match.
    - Tag match obviously fantastic. Loved the dark order tease in the beginning
    - MJF vs Jungle boy, great heel win for MJF.
    - THAT SANTANA PROMO!!!!!!!!!!! So good. It sounded so natural, so real, so authentic. Kinda babyface? Whatever it was, this guy has potential in the future. It made me care about their singles match for nothing.
    - AND they did an excellent job of making this Jeff Cobb guy look like a big deal. Who's jeff cobb? I have no idea. But they gave me a little vignette and he shows up at the end and crushed Moxley.

I'm definitely getting tickets for dynamite at prudential center now

atticusfinch and Contender like this.
  13. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Jeff Cobb rules. I'm stoked they made him look so good.

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

poppy was incredible.

In
    Cred
    Ibe

But I obvi misses the shows last night and have a PTO day at work today. Are the shows worth watching? Which was better?

15. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Dynamite was better front to back but NXT had the 3 best segments of the year. Both were great

oldjersey likes this.
  16. preppyak

Elite Supporter

If you watched Lucha Underground at all, he was Matanza Cueto. Dude's in the realm of a Keith Lee where he's capable of some incredible stuff despite being a big guy.

17. devenstonow

Noobie

I don't want child bully heel AJ for this

18. lol WWE announcing Liger and the Bella Twins for the Hall of Fame on the same day is like the Rock and Roll hall of fame announcing Radiohead and Nickelback on the same day.

anyways future HOFer right here!

[​IMG]

19. also Lee and Dijakovic gonna be match of the weekend right?

atticusfinch and preppyak like this.
  20. also I hope Dunne and Riddle's entrance to the ring begins with them exiting the bottom of Triple H's plane haha

preppyak likes this.
  21. domotime2

Sounds good to me. This was a good debut job from aew. Jericho hypes him up...vignette... debut looks badass. I'm sold.

I would've hated if he busy showed up at the end and excalibur was just like "its jeff Cobb.omg". I'd be like uhhh... cool?

22. domotime2

Btw I do think bellas are hall of famers just think it's too soon. Miss Elizabeth still waiting in the wings

23. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

Dynamite was amazing once again! Mox is such a star, Dustin Rhodes is universally beloved, and AEW is turning Sammy Guevara, Jungle Boy and Darby into absolute stars.

Also, AEW Dark has been a lot better the last few weeks.

24. Ruethless

King of Europe

Nikki Bella's HoF speech: Nikki, I know I said I wish you died in the womb, but I'm glad you didn't

25. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Jeff Cobb came out and wrestled in our lil indie promotion that rarely gets big names last year (was a Halloween show. heel guy is out there dressed as Jeff Cobb. Then Jeff Cobb himself shows up and destroys him). Was lots of fun.

preppyak likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.