Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 6: It's Poppy • Page 697

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Lol what a shitshow of an ending to a match that was pretty good.

atticusfinch likes this.
  2. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

The sparklers killed Eddie lol

Groogz likes this.
  3. preppyak

Elite Supporter

I loved that match but for the Good Brothers getting physically involved. But yeah, the pyro at the end was real, read bad

atticusfinch and Groogz like this.
  5. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Eddie selling it like he died is making it worse. He should have just got up and you could say mox was out from the earlier damage and that he’s lucky it wasn’t worse

preppyak likes this.
  7. J.C.

adorkable Prestigious

that was that monday night nitro pyro

bigmike likes this.
  8. That ending almost ruined the entire show lol

atticusfinch likes this.
  9. preppyak

Elite Supporter

"There was a lot of heat flashing our way"

They're trying to tell Eddie what the fuck to do after that shitshow, I bet

10. wade

*DX CHOP*

That’s the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen

11. cool shot and line tho

bigmike, preppyak and Groogz like this.
  12. wade

*DX CHOP*

lol at them kayfabing a couple smoke bombs as a big explosion

bigmike and atticusfinch like this.
  13. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Yeah, this is honestly perfect for a "did you actually think we'd let Kenny get blown up at 30 minutes" pivot. Though maybe Eddie cant fully tell how much it sucked from in the ring?

14. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Early today I was like “this PPV won’t have Eddie Kingston on it?” Fucking hell that was just brutal to watch but I’m so glad Eddie showed up in the most perfect way possible.

15. Ruethless

King of Europe

I'd risk my body to protect you guys from some smoke, and a couple of sparklers.

Drew Beringer likes this.
  17. The wet fart explosion completely overshadows his turn too - sucks that it got fucked up

18. LMAO

bigmike, atticusfinch and preppyak like this.
  19. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

This has to be what happens to start the show on Wednesday

20. J.C.

adorkable Prestigious

i mean i'm not an explosions expert, but i feel at minimum they couldve had shit blasting off for more than 3 seconds. obviously there are limits to what you can do there from a safety perspective, but if it had just been prolonged and the ring was shrouded in smoke, it wouldnt have seemed as pathetic

bigmike likes this.
  21. preppyak

Elite Supporter

There's a lot of wrestlers that couldnt talk this away; Eddie Kingston can cut a 5 min promo about how he was paralyzed with fear that his friend might die and it'll sell the turn even bigger than the explosion would have.

Damn shame though, i loved that match and the way they made it feel way sketchier than it was.

22. wade

*DX CHOP*

This makes the Bray Wyatt hologram in HIAC ending look good by comparison

23. emojedi

Trusted

TIL WWE does murder better than AEW

Attached Files:

bigmike and Ruethless like this.
  24. preppyak

Elite Supporter

That japanese example is perfect; shoot dirt/smoke so it blacks out the scene; you dont actually want hollywood explosion, you want the equivalent of the lights going dark. And maybe the mist clearing enough for that last overhead shot of Mox/Eddie together in the ring

bigmike and Groogz like this.
  25. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

You could hear the crowd booing after the ring did what a 5 year old on the 4th of July would do. Possibly the worst ending to a wrestling PPV because of that since Rollins/Fiend HIAC. But, at least the match itself was well done.

Eddie will find a way to sell anything. I want Eddie as AEW champ. It won’t happen soon, but do some long form storytelling. This Mox/Omega story has been going 2 years strong.

only other major disappointment is that Okada’s music didn’t hit as Kenny was leaving.

bigmike and Groogz like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.