Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 6: It's Poppy • Page 608

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Yeah but also Keith Lee broke the ring and it was great

amorningofsleep likes this.
  2. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

10 second promo before getting interrupted by Orton who challenges him to a “fight”. End of the show they have a little 5 minute match ending with HHH grabbing his sledgehammer, the screens start cutting out, HHH’s sledgehammer catches fire, then he gets disappeared

3. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah, kinda makes you wonder if there are more cases of covid/contact tracing within the company so they are making some guys do double duty to fill in time.

4. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

According to Wrestling Observer Radio this morning, there are at least 4 known COVID cases, plus a number of the roster members pulled due to contact tracing.

preppyak and GrantCloud like this.
  5. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

My dvr has decided to stop recording Raw so I guess that makes it easier for me to not watch.

Mick likes this.
  6. There’s another COVID outbreak in wwe and yet they are still trotting out ric flair

7. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Ric Flair's immune system:
    iu.jpeg

Ruethless likes this.
  8. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

9. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

10. :tear:
    6EE6ECE2-F8FF-4959-AE95-0AAEE5BCBEEB.jpeg

11. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

for all the effort of putting 'main roster' talent on nxt to help nxt's ratings, why not have an nxt showcase match on raw and/or smackdown weekly? give undisputed era, legado del fantasma, ripley, swerve, imperium, ciampa a good rub against enhancement talent on tv. see if that helps spike the raw/sd ratings, and maybe in turn get eyeballs that weren't aware of nxt to tune in on wednesdays.

12. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

They essentially did that in the lead-up to that Survivor Series when NXT was involved and I think that was the last time I was fully invested in WWE programming.

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think Standlander has one of my least favorite gimmicks in wrestling. Its not cute or funny or anything.

14. preppyak

Elite Supporter

I understand why the stopped the CW division within RAW thing a while back...but, as a time filler...man is it hard to beat versus what they pulled this week. Especially when they started running stories like Cedric/Alicia that could connect to the main roster

15. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Contender likes this.
  16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I kinda love that. I don't have the same disdain for Striker that most people have.

bigmike and amorningofsleep like this.
  17. delvec19

Trusted

Agreed. People hate how much of a fanboy he is sometimes, but I prefer that than the monotonous Michael Cole moulds that Vince throws at us.

bigmike likes this.
  18. preppyak

Elite Supporter

He was pretty perfect for LU. I can see him not working well in a NJPW type event, but, I gotta imagine Impact is closer to LU than NJPW

19. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

If they want NXT to be a two hour show, I feel like the best way to break it down would be to dedicate one of the three hours each week to NXT. Perhaps have NXT lead into Raw or vice versa. And then have Wednesday just be an hour. But I guess at this point they're never really going to be willing to give up one of their hours of programming... Maybe make NXT UK the second hour of NXT on Wednesdays?

Remember when Cory Graves was a breath of fresh air on the main roster. And now...

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think the reason we all soured on Corey was his evolving into JBL-lite. The way he has treated Byron over the years is fucked.

Mick and bigmike like this.
  21. PauLo

43% Burnt

69A01C1F-B56F-4943-8975-A7FA63AE4F36.gif

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

23. PauLo

43% Burnt

MSK?

24. The Rascalz probably

Joe4th likes this.
  25. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'm guessing it's the Rascalz

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.