Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 6: It's Poppy • Page 565

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

K this is good

bigmike likes this.
  2. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Live Morgan has joined MDK

amorningofsleep likes this.
  3. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

This is something

4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

It's heel Toni Time

5. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Woah woah woah... NBC’s Young Rock!?!?

preppyak likes this.
  6. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Abadon coming for the title is the shit I need.

bigmike likes this.
  7. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Of course Jericho would have a clothing line. Funny how they put the trunk colors/names up for the tag match

8. Nick Nov 26, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 26, 2020)
    Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

John Silver is so good. I'd love if they started portraying him as more of a contender in ring while still letting him be hilarious backstage and in BTE.

ah fuck that kenny promo has me really hoping Mox retains, but he probably won't.

Cody is the heel in this story with Taz, right?

That was a great episode of Dynamite

amorningofsleep and iamNex like this.
  9. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

Little piece of very contemporary history:

This was the first pandemic show back in march

preppyak and atticusfinch like this.
  10. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

That’s like a problem across the board for AEW. Everyone is a tweener almost. Especially the elite. Are the bucks heels or faces? Cody? Kenny? It’s hard to tell most of the time. The clearest one is Hangman and even then when they started the direction they were going we all thought they were turning him.

11. iamNex

Yep that is one of my few major gripes, too. I like the traditional division of heels and faces, and evers other year a badass tweener..

Also: heels can be funny, but first and foremost i want a heel to be an asshole, then goofy. And not the other way around.

Other than that: fantastic dynamite episode

12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I think Kenny is solidly heel for now. At least until after the Mox match. Cody though, is just a dickhead face.

13. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Yeah it’s not the biggest thing in the world to me. I’d even be ok with someone being a heel in one feud and face in another. And yeah it seems like everyone is funny. It’s entertaining and the wrestling is good so I can’t complain too much

iamNex likes this.
  14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I like how the Dark Order are. They’re genuinely hilarious but still wrestle as heels. I also love that AEW aren’t afraid to have Death Triangle against Kingston’s family and both still come across heelish.

15. preppyak

Elite Supporter

That neck tattoo, my god...dude can never be a pure face again. Every time I see it, it makes his face Baron Corbin punchable

Ruethless likes this.
  16. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I just spent $100 on the undertaker wine. Help

17. Ruethless

King of Europe

Were the grapes grown in Death Valley? If not, then I want no part of that wine

DickyCullz likes this.
  18. J.C.

adorkable Prestigious

the ambiguous tweener stuff is only an issue for me when it doesnt end up jiving with the story they're trying to tell. the young bucks/ftr is a prime example of that. the bucks were jaded dicks for like a couple months, then all of a sudden they earn a title shot not far out from a pay per view and get shoehorned into being faces again with the attack on matt + the needless stipulation they added to the match. it was rushed and incoherent and consequently i ultimately didn't end up caring that they won, which is a bad reaction to something that was supposed to be a big deal.

that's in contrast to like the jericho/mjf stuff, where it's a heel-heel dynamic, but you fully understand the behavior and motivations of the characters to the point that it's coherent and you're able to enjoy it. you don't need good guy vs. bad guy to tell a story.

preppyak and bigmike like this.
  19. kill steen kill

please give ko a proper feud/run

shea likes this.
  20. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

blast0rama and iamNex like this.
  23. iamNex

Have to admit tho, among other things, it is the AEW hype that got and gets me thru lockdown

blast0rama and Ruethless like this.
  24. Ruethless

King of Europe

It's certainly nice to have something to look forward to every week.

iamNex and blast0rama like this.
  25. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Who comes up with this shit on Raw

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.