Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 6: It's Poppy • Page 369

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

What’s up with Joes injury? I don’t even remember what it was

2. Concussion maybe?

3. shea

RIP Supporter

Concussion sounds right. He took a bad table bump filming a commercial or some shit right?

4. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

I love AEW and I agree, comedy is needed in times of no crowd shows. But I fear it is also getting a little too much for me.

Stadium Stampede was great, but was it also necessary to have the spears underwear thing and the marko stunt small ladder spot?

Also they need to enforce the rules more. Double or Norhing barely had a match without weapons or gimmick spots. They need refs actually counting out people and BADLY imo need their first disqualification.

5. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I think that's what I mean. Comedy is great. Stadium stampede was mostly fun. But it almost feels like the whole show is comedy right now.

I've defended aew on a lot of things but I have to admit, I'm over Marko Stunt being used so much and actually wrestling.

6. The whole four show was comedy because of two (2) stunts? Ah okay.

7. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Hell, I want more comedy in my wrestling. I'm at the point where I'm too old to take it so seriously.

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah comedy >>>> really serious shit

atticusfinch likes this.
  9. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

there are two parody accounts on reddit, KevNashShootsOnThis and BretHartBuriesThis, that are so fucking good and remind me of when that community was fun and good for more than skimming headlines for news

amorningofsleep likes this.
  10. Reminder that this exists

Nash has the best shoot interviews of all time tho. Easily

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I watched the DDT episode of The Wrestlers last night. I’d love to know what someone’s reaction to that is if it was their first experience with DDT lol.

Also I could listen (well read the subtitles of) to Kota Ibushi speak all day

12. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

how is that show? its more of a "day in the life" doc for wrestling as opposed to a talking head retrospective thing like Dark Side of the Ring right? a DDT ep had me real intrigued

13. Old man Orton with the IRL face turn

14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah it’s more day in the life. The DDT episode is basically Damian going to a couple of DDT shows, talking to Takagi, Danshoku Dieno and Ibushi. Oddly enough that episode is the most in kayfabe episode. Every other one there’s a clear separation but that one had Takagi and Deino doing interviews in kayfabe.

The episode on MVP was great. It was a couple of years back but went into his childhood and issues growing up, and the fact he was close to retiring then contrasted that against Sami Callahan.

amorningofsleep and Shrek like this.
  15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

God damn. Nice.

16. Ruethless

King of Europe

DDT Pro is one of the best promotions on the planet and it allows for Kota Ibushi to indulge in his bloodlust by letting him hit people with motor vehicles

17. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Comedy wrestling is the highest form of wrestling. This is not up for debate.

18. devenstonow

Noobie

A Jeff Hardy DUI angle

Y I K E S

19. iamNex May 29, 2020
    (Last edited: May 29, 2020)
    iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

I did not say the whole show was comedy. I am rooting for AEW, it is the only wrestling show i still watch every week. I love it. But I still think there are, occasionally, too many comedy spots. And, without wanting to play a cliche German character, I do believe a stronger enforcement of the rules would benefit the show.

Edit: I think my criticism of too many comedy spots might also sound quite German

20. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Not familiar enough with Nash shoot interviews but I fuckin love the Bret one. You can’t not hear that in his voice

Shrek likes this.
  21. I’d rather have all comedy spots than the shit WWE is doing with Jeff Hardy right now

using someone’s addiction as a story line is just bad taste and truly why I’ll never give WWE the benefit of the doubt

Contender likes this.
    Mick and Contender like this.
    atticusfinch and Mick like this.
  24. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Doesn’t seem like Jeff is happy about it either, doubt they’d be reacting this way if he was cool with it. He’s definitely walking to aew next year.

25. Wasn’t tasteful with Scott Hall or Hawk either.

Typical WWE

bigmike and Contender like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.