Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 6: It's Poppy • Page 1131

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

They remembered how much people liked her beating up ronda and are like “let’s make her even more unlikeable, that’ll work!” Haha

2. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like wwe is moving away from Ticketmaster. WrestleMania tickets will be sold through SeatGeek

3. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Huh. Interesting.

4. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

hopefully at a savings for the fans from crazy ass service fees for tickets. paying 25$ in fees for a 25$ ticket is fucking ridiculous.

5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

imagine buying WWE tickets

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Fuck all ticket brokers. Such a fucking scam of a business.

bigmike and PeacefulOrca like this.
  7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Christ I just saw Archer’s botch there. That was scary.

8. Yea they would and that’s coming from a Charlotte hater - she obviously hates the WWE booking and going to AEW with her fiancée and way better booking would do wonders for her

9. preppyak Oct 25, 2021
    (Last edited: Oct 25, 2021)
    preppyak

Elite Supporter

THese two things dont mesh. Nobody has been booked stronger in WWE than Charlotte, aside from Brock and Roman, for the last 5 years. Arguably she's been booked stronger than Brock, who has sustained quite a few losses of late (6-4 in his last 10 matches). She is always put in tag matches or triple threats/four-way matches to protect her when she loses. 7 of her "losses" this year were by DQ, Count Out, or a beat the clock challenge. She lost her title by cash-in, immediately beat Nikki the next week in a non-title match, and then won it back at the next PPV.

There is no world where someone who throws a hissy fit because she might be made to look weak would handle losing to Ruby Soho well...or worse, losing multiple matches to The Bunny

clucky likes this.
  10. She would have more sensical booking - especially if you buy that she lobbied to lose to Belair last Monday - she’s booked strongly but it makes no sense and it’s soured the crowd response for her too which may frustrate her. Plus this whole thing is because this title exchange was gonna make her look like a geek.

11. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Kinda seems like she’s fed up with all the nonsensical bullshit. Doesn’t matter how strong you’re booked when everyone comes off looking like an idiot

12. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Did we ever get a horsewomen fatal four way? I might be remembering wrong but I feel like its one of those things WWE held off on for the "right moment" and now like, its too late.

13. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

got it on nxt, but not the main roster. fully expecting it to be the night 1 main event for mania next year

14. clucky

Trusted Supporter

is bayley hurt? Feel like I haven't heard much of anything about her recently

15. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

yeah, torn acl. she should be back around march.

16. devenstonow

Noobie

i have a theory on the charlotte situation that has kept me away from most IWC discussion this weekend:

17. J12

Trusted Supporter

That's just AT&T Stadium, not WWE. They've been in exclusive partnership with SeatGeek for a couple years now.

18. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

In other news, I finallllllly started another game that's not FFX or Pokemon :)

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  19. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Until next month? Lol

20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hmmmm still an RPG?

TellYourFriends likes this.
  21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Concerning Charlotte, in WWE the ONLY way to have a shot at good booking is to be a dominant champion, thats it. If she were to go to AEW she could just get good booking all around. Do I want that? It has me curious, and I think it would help the women's division.

22. preppyak Oct 25, 2021
    (Last edited: Oct 25, 2021)
    preppyak

Elite Supporter

Right, and Charlotte is always against segments that make people look weak which is why she vetoed Banks never successfully defending her title or Becky getting turned heel pre-Man at Summerslam when she was super over or becoming NXT champion or any of the other dozen story lines that made others fools

Ive seen no report or indication that shes a team player or a positive presence in any way. Would her stories be more logical, sure? Would i rather that benefit be given to like a dozen other women in WWE ahead of Charlotte, 1000%

Braun would probably be booked amazingly in AEW too, doesnt mean I want to see him there

23. Right I don’t give a shit about Charlotte I’m just saying AEW could probably work magic with her

24. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Honestly, I also dont want to see Roman or Cena or Brock in AEW either. I much prefer watching underutilized people being used in really fun ways.

25. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

i want cena in new japan

edit

also sheamus

give me sheamus vs ishii and i can die happy

Henry, bigmike and preppyak like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.