Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 6: It's Poppy • Page 107

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Twitch streamer Dr. Disrespect is doing an angle with the Undertaker LMAO

3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

what the fuck?

4. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

ive never fallen out of love with wrestling but AEW is the most ive cared about it since Summer of Punk at the very least if not Smackdown Six era, im real excited for Saturday night. not trying to be a mark or anything it's just nice for something i love to be firing on all cylinders again.

the iron man match was legitimately perfect. everything made sense. every single thing. every move looked crisp and flush, selling was a masterclass, and it had the most believable organic looking ref bump ive seen in ages. what a way to start a morning.

5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I was worried about the PPVs being so spread out and only having 4 a year (I think that's the plan) but they have laid out everything beautifully from what I've seen. This has been a smooth and amazing build to a show. You would think since they are still relatively new at all of this that it can only get better.

I really want Jericho to stay champ. Love Mox of course but Jericho as heel champ has been A+ stuff.

Groogz and Shrek like this.
  6. Shrek

someone on reddit pitched Inner Circle ruining like a million near falls on Saturday night and getting kicked out one by one and doing a second match at DoN so its literally "double or nothing" and having Mox win in Vegas and now anything else wont live up to that imo

oldjersey likes this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

God fuckin damn. Brilliant.

atticusfinch and Shrek like this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Show won't be good, but you love to see this

amorningofsleep and GrantCloud like this.
  9. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Will it last longer than Kofi/Brock?

10. Shrek

it has to because Ricochet has to at least climb to the top rope lmao

ghostedaway likes this.
  11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

They just randomly decided to do this match? Cool

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Definitely, I think they use this as an opportunity to show off Ricochet's skill set for a few minutes before he gets pinned. Brock loves working with guys like Ricochet.

ghostedaway likes this.
  13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Shooting star into an F-5?

amorningofsleep and ghostedaway like this.
  14. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

You right, you right

15. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

This is one of the things I was thinking about last night too. They've paced things out so well for the big feuds that they don't feel stale and overly drawn out at this point. Cody/MJF for example. I completely forgot that the MJF turn was back in November. Doesn't feel like it's been that long (in a great way). The stipulations that Cody needed to go through were the perfect way to continue the feud in fresh ways throughout the weeks/months. He takes his lashing. Wait a couple of weeks. Has his match against Wardlow. Then you've still got another week or two before the match itself. It definitely goes to show how you can properly build up a feud over time, as opposed to throwing things together a few weeks before a PPV (or less in many cases with WWE).

Shrek likes this.
  16. Shrek

damn i also didnt notice the turn was in November until you said it, that really is nuts. four month feud with virtually zero physical contact and it worked. on Raw they would've been on the opposite sides of 100 mish mosh tags by now.

amorningofsleep and Groogz like this.
  17. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

Exactly! They also would be going into their fifth singles match by now. Corbin/Reigns is a perfect example. Just keep rehashing the same match over and over again (but with varied stipulations). And in less time!

Shrek likes this.
  18. Shrek

the womens division is starting to take shape, having Shanna and Swole appear more frequently is good, i particularly love Swole. is Shida signed full time or is she still doing Japan tours like Riho?

also genuinely so glad Tazz is back. he clearly respects what ever they put in front of him and doesnt no sell the shit that isnt his style the way JR does

19. Ruethless

King of Europe

I think Yuka and Riho are the only two women still doing Japanese tours still

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Shida has moved to the states full time

22. Only having 4 PPVs a year makes the tv shows more important IMO - more possibility for title changes and major blow offs

23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Definitely.

WWE has just conditioned me to believe it's impossible to build something for 4 months long and have it be consistently great.

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Orange Cassidy is the greatest comedic wrestler of all time, right?

The promo with Best Friends saying he was going to try was fucking hilarious.

atticusfinch likes this.
  25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

As long as Yano exists, OC will never be #1.

Ruethless likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.