Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 5: FKA The Viking Experience • Page 652

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Is Batista in it just because he's a big time actor now? Feel he hasn't done anything THAT memorable

2. J.C.

adorkable Prestigious

6 time heavyweight champion, 2 time rumble winner, wrestlemania main eventer, member of Evolution. He's fine.

3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Well damn lol

4. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I really want to understand the reasoning for bringing him back. Like, I’ll never agree with the decision, but I want to see the stats that show it’s worth it financially. Right now, it just seems like Vince missed seeing his friend on his show

5. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

I think it's really funny that my takes here that always seem popular are downvoted on Reddit, and anything I get roasted for here get a bunch of thumbs-ups there. The Internet is weird/Reddit is bad.

preppyak likes this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

amorningofsleep likes this.
  7. CapnJazzHandz

Regular Supporter

I sometimes get the waiting to put people in, depending where the prospective entrant is at in their career. I feel like if it’s a super young dude, then one would want to see how they do into their mid to early-late career to see if they still have staying power and don’t flame out or just get real bad. Some dudes are just so good at the beginning and mid career that I think they should go in right away (I’m looking at you Okada).

You’re right that HoFs for pro wrestling are weird though. I mean, there are only 2 or 3 stats that one can actually empirically measure, everything else is just personal preference.

Also, this is completely unrelated, but I’m kind of super bummed that Liger’s retirement match isn’t a singles match. For some reason I thought that it was gonna be him vs Ryu Lee (Dragon Lee’s new name). But it’s a tag match :((((

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I really think its straight up because he gets a pop. Which is terrible.

9. CapnJazzHandz

Regular Supporter

Hey, what's with the joke of people putting things up to Scorpio Sky's mouth in this week's Being the Elite?

10. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

It's been a thing for a while where he'll be talking and somehow says a word that's also a candy bar (PayDay, Milky Way, etc) and that's where Matt will pop in and make him eat it. I couldn't even begin to tell you why it even got started.

QueSuertejazz likes this.
  11. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Big Cass threatened to kill Janela on twitter and then deleted the tweet

12. devenstonow

Noobie

I don't think it's really anything complex. He's pretty clearly the most famous/well-known wrestler of all time (ignoring Rock/Cena for recency and El Santo in Mexico) and there's value in that. Not defending or anything but I think that it's as simple as that.

13. devenstonow

Noobie

Contender and amorningofsleep like this.
  14. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Fuck this makes me so happy.

15. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Dammit Cody, just bring AEW to San Antonio. Why Corpus and now Austin. Stop making me drive

16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

17. devenstonow

Noobie

HHH got his personal designers for this

18. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Ok I don’t know what it is but I can’t see any of the Instagram posts y’all post on here

19. CapnJazzHandz

Regular Supporter

I have no idea how I have continually missed this gag, but this is the first time I’ve noticed.

20. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

bruh...

i'm in houston.
    i flied out for all in in chicago last year.
    i flied out to vegas for double or nothin this year.
    i'm drivin to corpus nest week for dynamite..
    aaand i've already got the day off to drive to austin for this just announced dynamite episode.

have the next aew ppv in either houston or san antonio. i'd be fine with that.

but theeen:
    nxt takeover: tampa goes on sale this friday
    and i'm plannin on the drive to dallas for mlw and impact a few weeks before rumble.
    and i'll be at rumble.
    and worlds collide.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

21. man fuck the wwe hof - Batista should be the headliner anyways

[​IMG]

22. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

damn the ultimate flex

23. preppyak

Elite Supporter

The easiest answer is Saudi money. That show makes WAY more for them than any WM does - each show apparently brings in revenue equal to the Network for that quarter - and its a thing they can build one-off feuds for legends and not care about the rest of the year. He's done both Crown Jewels, that WM35 opening, and the RAW reunion show.

I think they are smart enough to know they cant over-use him, but as long as they avoid long-term stories with him, sadly, who is really gonna say anything?

24. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

we used to do that but we are trying to buy a house right now and money is real tight. My wife is actually going to corpus next week with some people from work but she thought they were getting me a ticket too but they only got one for her. And I can’t even get a ticket until after we close on this house hopefully which should be by Monday at the latest. What sucks is they are sitting like 5th row. We were hoping to do rumble weekend but all our funds are gone now.

25. I think he could’ve easily headlined a class. Dude was over as all fuck when he got out of Evolution

ghostedaway likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.