Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 5: FKA The Viking Experience • Page 651

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I saw the results for the GCW title and have no idea who the fuck the new champ even is lol

2. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Lol, so Gage lost the title to AJ Gray and then Ricky Shane Page challenged him or just made it a match for some reason and then won it.

I still haven't watched the whole show yet, but I heard it was really good.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

the main event scene for GCW is probably just not for me. All of the guys just look like out of shape people who don't mind being hit it the head with a pane of glass. The only name I ever recognize is Jimmy Lloyd and he fits that look perfectly lol. I think he might just be a CZW guy now that I think about it. I'll stick with the spot dudes in GCW and leave before the main events.

Hopefully we get another Orange Cassidy show this year. That was one of my fave wrestling shows I've ever been to.

4. amorningofsleep

Surprisingly enough, I don't think a single light tube was broken at this show lol.

5. Ruethless

King of Europe

I hope AEW learns from this and realizes not everyone keeps an eye out on social media and youtube. It's definitely a big detail in this whole storyline

oldjersey likes this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Its been a big point on all of the Observer shows over the last week. I stopped listening to the shows, but every clip they post on youtube is talking about how critical information is left out because they are expecting the audience to be smarks who consume everything posted between BTE, Dark, and indie stuff.

7. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

WWE's insistence on either actively rehabilitating Hulk Hogan's public image or actively ignoring the fact that he did what he did, said what he said, and never truly atoned for any of it makes me want to tune in to their programming even less than I already do, and makes it really hard for me to want to support NXT, even though it's by far my favorite wrestling promotion of all time.

9. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Definitely agree that furthering aew storylines on social media and dark is a gamble....a gamble I don't think they should be making right now. I completely understand the idea of it but I think keeping it simple at first is the way to go.

Or you have to really shove it in our heads on dynamite that you HAVE TO WATCH YouTube or dark or something. You have to Michael cole it up a bit...tell us when and where and why to watch.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

upload_2019-12-9_11-14-35.png

So I kinda hate this. There are so many great guys this could have included, but they stick with just these four?

Look at this damn list:

[​IMG]

NO SCOTT STEINER, Scott Norton, Big Show, Konnan

All of those guys should be in on their own merit. Chono, Tenzan, and Mutah should all be in there too.

11. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Never realized Disco was in NWO. But man some of those guys like DiBiase, IRS, and even Dusty. No reason to be in there

Edit: and even though Syxx was there early, I have a hard time really associating him with them. Even though he had his own shirt and everything

12. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Double Edit: I’d take Syxx out and put Bischoff

domotime2 likes this.
  13. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Same. I dont associate him with them much at all; if you're gonna induct the NWO, it should be the primary 3 or a giant group of people. This also makes X-Pac a multi-time HOF'er

Huge missed opportunity to include nWo Sting too

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think Steiner brothers should be in but WWE won't GIVE HIM A FUCKING MIC.

bigmike likes this.
  15. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

Punks whole "I don't, like, get wrestling" schtick is wearing really thin already, tbh

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Also weird to see that Virgil is one of the longest tenured members of NWO. lol

bigmike likes this.
  17. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

So is X-pac now the only 3 time Hall of Famer?

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

looks like he is only in once right now.

upload_2019-12-9_11-47-1.png

19. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

20. Ruethless

King of Europe

Fuck Disco Inferno

21. CapnJazzHandz

Regular Supporter

WWE’s Hall of Fame is such a joke. Almost anyone can get in.

The Wrestling Observer HoF, Cauliflower Alley Awards, and Lou Thesz HoF are the only ones that I seem to pay attention and give credence to.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  22. amorningofsleep

Yeah, maybe because I only started rewatching again in 2015, but I honestly don't care about the HoF at all.

QueSuertejazz likes this.
  23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

plz don't talk about the source I get all my piping hot takes from thx

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

NWO HoF is going to be painful. I'll give it to DX they were actually pretty funny last year, NWO is going to be cringey af guaranteed tho

25. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Any hall of fame is kind of a joke. When it comes to a “fake” sport of course anyone can get it. But even the rock and roll hof, or baseball, or nfl... there’s always people deserving that are snubbed or just wont get in for political reasons. Then you have stupid stuff where they are like “oh well they deserve to go in eventually but not the first few years they are eligible...” if they deserve to be there what does it matter what year they go in

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.