Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 5: FKA The Viking Experience • Page 525

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

2. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

It is so weird how Kofi, in character, accepts that he lost the title. No addressing it, no demanding a rematch, just being happy.

WWE is so frikkin bad rn

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Oh no Gulak :tear:

4. Ruethless

King of Europe

5. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

read smackdown results. yawn

6. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Nobody watched Smackdown

well 2.44 million people did, but that’s not much

7. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

What's a regular rating? I remember punk said when he was there they were upset they were getting 3.8 or something like that

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

no way that was ever the number lol

9. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, I don't remember what the actual number was. He said it in an interview I watched like 2 weeks ago, I thought it was in the 3s. Henry's so smug now that he has a gf, sheesh.

10. the highlight of smackdown for me is Brian Nguyen quote tweeting my video of Big E

Oddpac87 and ghostedaway like this.
  11. [​IMG]

12. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Bay Ley

13. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

This is pretty much the same number Raw does weekly.

for network tv, this is bad. Could be the Friday effect, could be that people just don’t care about pro wrestling, could just be that the show stinks. Probably a combination of all 3

14. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Yeah, they still technically won the demo battle (with a 0.6), but man, the only advantage they had was they were doubling every other show in 18-34 and lik 50% more in 18-49. If you're tying CBS in those demos and getting murdered by their 5 million more old people...

15. lol

16. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Re-runs of Last Man Standing and The Cool Kids outdid what SD did this week; the original airings nearly double it. Hell, even the premier of Smackdown didnt beat an average LMS episode.

I'll actually be curious to see what the MLB game did on FS1; Fox may regret bumping that over SD.
    Well, that answers that question.

17. clucky

Trusted Supporter

It keeps dropping though. Until they show some nights where they can increase viewership, its hard to really say what is typical Friday night variance and what is just more and more people giving up on the product.

I think if the show continues to average around 2.5 million Fox will likely be fine. Maybe not quiet what they were expecting, but still acceptable numbers.

If it continues to drop down below 2 million before stabilizing though...

18. preppyak

Elite Supporter

This seems pretty likely. I cant imagine they are creating any new fans so far, their vet stars all go away after the FS1 show, and they were only pulling ~2mil regularly before the move.

I also wouldnt be surprised at all if a lot of peopl cant want on Friday and instead now watch AEW/NXT on Wednesdays instead. Its what I do.

bigmike and Contender like this.
  20. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I’m honestly shocked that the ALCS has been on FS1. Guess no one watches baseball anymore either

21. Baseball is increasingly regional viewing these days but yeah that’s two huge markets

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I have no idea how baseball is profitable. I've read articles about it and the logic eludes me.

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

omg

amorningofsleep and Oddpac87 like this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this is starting soon

[​IMG]

25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I think they just wanna make it more normal for people to put on FS1 and increase it's popularity.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.