Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 5: FKA The Viking Experience • Page 516

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. preppyak

Elite Supporter

That was the ballpark I heard as well. And I wouldnt be surprised if the Saudi's pay for special attractions as part of that rather than WWE.

2. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Next let's just have the cell made out of pillows and you have to ask for permission from an adult if you want to climb on top.

3. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

The Company Yes Man.

Thought he already deleted it

5. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Is it someone from NXT?

6. Probably CM punk

7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Alvarez reporting that Bischoff really didn't do much and Alvarez's sources that are Smackdown staff say they rarely every saw him at the show. Prichard was already calling most of the shots the past few months anyways apparently.

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

9. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

10. It’s probably something involving Bray

11. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

It will be hilarious if they say that even though Bray was drafted on SD, The Fiend will be a member of the Raw roster.

atticusfinch likes this.
  12. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Edge

13. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

AEW dark is fuckin great.

amorningofsleep likes this.
    amorningofsleep, Oddpac87 and Henry like this.
  15. J.C.

adorkable Prestigious

I can't believe how long Janela/Omega went on for and how many bumps Omega took in a dark match.

16. devenstonow

Noobie

Match was insane live.

Backstage is pretty cool. Well produced. Talking about Prichard, so I guess it's kinda a shoot

17. LMAO at that block buster trade

18. J.C.

adorkable Prestigious

'future draft pick considerations'

19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

That Omega/Janela match was so damn good

20. Seems like that major news out of Japan is going to be a women’s division for NJPW

preppyak likes this.
  21. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Beyond overdue.

22. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Feels like a weird choice. On one hand, good, its definitely overdue. On the other hand, it feels so late that its gonna take something pretty massive (basically folding Stardom into NJPW) for them to have anything approaching serviceable in a womens division that can get placed on the major shows.

If they had done this before Omega got hot and AEW started, they'd be looking at Asuka/Kairi/Io/etc as the backbone of an incredible womens division and probably be talking about Sasha wanting to jump ship right now instead of extending with WWE.

23. I agree with you.

Just by looking at some news articles, it seems likely that they’ve bought or buying a promotion and might just give them a platform on the NJPW streaming service.

Maybe a showcase match at Wrestle Kingdom as well. But they did just have their press conference last night for WK, which would’ve been a good place to announce stuff.

There’s also been some tweets saying whatever it is, is “predatory” for New Japan so I’d say that leans into them purchasing a company. Which will probably piss people off.

preppyak likes this.
  24. Looking like Bushiroad (parent company of new japan) is purchasing Stardom

preppyak likes this.
  25. clucky

Trusted Supporter

This makes a ton more sense than them trying to start their own brand. Will be interesting to see how much they try and merge the two. Given Japan's culture, I could see this really just being a finance move and the brand stay pretty separate. But hoping they do more. Integrating stardom with the rest of their stuff would probably go a long way to getting me to follow NJPW outside of G1 season.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.