Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 5: FKA The Viking Experience • Page 515

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Japan NXT is veering hard into oversaturation territory for me. not complaining, glad people have options, but that will be a show where i watch Takeovers and that's it. barely have time for NJPW as it is and theres no way NXT Japan would meet that standard of quality

bigmike likes this.
  2. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

So bad. I've always been a vocal critic of the brand split, but this, this had no shot of being a successful reboot. Especially since fake blood money ppv is next, followed by fake "major" ppv survivor series.

I'm surprised they did this. Wouldn't fox want everyone at their disposal? No Becky or charlotte?

3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Isn’t it rumored Suzuki is leaving NJPW? Imagine him heading up NXT Japan as a trainer

4. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, did you watch any of the shows with the wild card rule? There has to be a split with this much talent on their roster, or they have to cut a ton of people, which they won’t do.

Fox got their big stars. I’m sure they’re happy

5. PeacefulOrca Oct 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 15, 2019)
    PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Wwe wants to crush all competition, again

GrantCloud likes this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm pretty sure Suzuki doesn't even have a contract with them. He's been freelancing for a while now.

I think that he and Shibata are the two guys I would want running a dojo. When it comes to pure wrestling and commanding emotion, I'm not sure anyone does it better. Obviously Shibata is out. Anyone working with him in the LA dojo is lucky as fuck.

oldjersey and Joe4th like this.
  8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

NXT Japan has miserable failure written all over it.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

what in the actual fuck

10. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Id say this makes it really obvious that Fire and Desire are staying on SD. Add them in as singles competitors along with Dana and you have enough filler for how little the women will matter on SD it seems. IIconics are hard to say, not sure it really matters since they've somehow disappeared from TV anyway.

11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

If Tyson is getting that much, how ridiculous is the amount Vince is getting as a whole?

12. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Absurd.

13. Shrek

the falls count anywhere stip is funny, after HIAC we were like "wow could they have booked themselves into a corner any harder" and WWE went "oh just you wait".

someone has to get beat in this one theoretically and i dont see WWE doing a major title change on this show, so my prediction is we have a comical backstage set piece of a big wall falling on Bray or something and Rollins putting his foot on it for the pin or something equally preposterous

14. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

This exact thing, but it ends with Brays hand busting through the wall afterward and nabbing Rollins with the claw after the match. So gonna happen.

preppyak and Shrek like this.
  15. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I watched the HIAC PPV the other night and holy shit was that main event bad. Like I knew it got shit on but I never thought it would be SO BAD from start to finish.

atticusfinch likes this.
  16. Shrek

yep this is it lol

bigmike likes this.
  17. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

The best case scenario would have been for Sasha to win at HiaC, Bray to win, at HiaC, and then you get Bex on SD, Rollins on SD, and The Fiend would have been able to stay on a “non sports like” wrestling show.

the worst case scenario is still playing out.

18. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

They are gonna turn Sasha face on Smackdown aren't they? :/

19. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

Still 10000% true

Oddpac87, preppyak and atticusfinch like this.
  20. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Nah, I think they run Bayley/Sasha as the WM program, but only after the Rumble. Its basically the only reason I can think of to have them on the same brand going forward. Bayley gets Carmella + Lacey as opponents til then, Bayley/Sasha compete for the tag titles as well, and then the eventual turn either at the Rumble or after.

SD is basically set up to be dominated by heels (Brock + Bray, Sasha + Bayley, Shin+ Sami, Revival) while babyfaces get run through the meat grinder.

ghostedaway likes this.
  21. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Bruce Pritchard is replacing Eric Bischoff as Smackdown EVP

22. PauLo

43% Burnt

Well, that lasted long

23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

24. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I thought it was rumored to be in the $30M per show range over 10 years with two shows per year.

25. He needs to delete Twitter

amorningofsleep likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.