Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 5: FKA The Viking Experience • Page 399

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

After hearing this, I'm really hoping ROH finds a way to pull it around.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

ROH has zero star power right now. I don't see them pulling in main event talent with the way the other companies are throwing around money. Rush vs. whoever the champ is will not be drawing anyone outside of Mexico.

3. Ruethless

King of Europe

Can't root for a company that has kept Matt Taven as champion for this long when you have Marty, Lethal, Cobb, and Gresham all there. Their tag division is just as trash, if not worse than their women's division.

4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Marty should have Taven's reign right now.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I don't know if they bother putting it on him. His contract is up the beginning of November.

6. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah I feel like that's why they never pulled the trigger on it

7. Ruethless

King of Europe

Marty as champ between the G1 supercard and whatever show he lost it at before his contract finished would had been 10x better than Taven, the other guy, and dollar store Rob Zombie running around.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I give TKO a ton of credit for coming back from that injury tho

9. amorningofsleep

10. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

oldjersey likes this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

IMG_20190911_182623.jpg

Contender, oldjersey and Ruethless like this.
  12. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

Good cody promo

13. Jimnatives

With the whole KO going to NXT thing I could totally see them doing some kind of Team NXT ( Captained by KO) Vs Team Smackdown ( Captained by Shane) at survivor series.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Looks like the Tokyo Dome stuff is going in the direction we expected.

If you believe the interview direction, it appears the Tokyo Dome direction is Kazuchika Okada vs. Kota Ibushi for the IWGP title on the 1/4 Tokyo Dome show, and that the winner would then face the IC champion on 1/5 with the idea you’d end the weekend with the first person in company history to hold both titles at the same time. This has not been announced, but both Ibushi and Tetsuya Naito have been talking about holding both belts at the same time with Ibushi talking about winning the IWGP belt the first night and IC belt the second night with the idea of creating history.

15. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

If we get KO vs Adam Cole in NXT I will lose my god damn mind

amorningofsleep likes this.
  16. Ruethless

King of Europe

I'm all for this, but wouldn't it make more sense for the IC title to be on night one and the IWGP to be on the second night? Okada is definitely a final boss type and not sub-boss type.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think the dumbest part is that one of the winners could potentially be a champ for just one day.

18. Ruethless

King of Europe

Eh, they could always play it off as the one day champ didn't have much left in the tank after going to war with the person the night before or something.

19. devenstonow

Noobie

It's probably a lame, "IWGP must headline the 1/4 show for tradition" thing.

20. Ruethless

King of Europe

I could see that especially if everyone thinks the 1/4 show will be better than the 1/5 show

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Contender likes this.
  22. Ruethless

King of Europe

Any of your tri-state nerds coming to wrestlepro with me on Saturday?

23. amorningofsleep

I'm hoping for a Undisputed Era/Mount Rushmore reunion.

ghostedaway likes this.
  24. Probably a troll but Graves said he’s retiring from commentary

25. Ruethless

King of Europe

But who will yell at Byron now?!

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.