Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 5: FKA The Viking Experience • Page 364

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Uhhh I feel like the AEW PPV coming up is getting zero advertisement

2. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

The WWN title (left) or Evolve title (right)?

3. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Theres been ads for it on TNT. Just saw one yesterday.

4. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

definitely am very unsure, mostly not happy with the NxT to broadcast tv move. What's NxT at this point? Is still developmental? Is it a "B player" division"? If the idea is to work on your craft, improve, etc so you can get called up.... at this point what's the point? You're going from wrestling on Wednesday to wrestling on Monday. You still have PPV's. You still tour. And now the only thing NxT had going for them is that wrestlers weren't as exposed...and that's out the window too no?

5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

NXT is for all intents and purposes a brand now. It's below Smackdown on the totem pole but I'd say it's a brand. The NXT guys won't be doing the the live tours that SD/Raw do now, they'll probably still be doing the florida loop plus NXT loop that happens now.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

PauLo likes this.
  7. Yeah it’s definitively not developmental now

8. Damn Rousey almost lost her finger while filming a TV show - photos are very graphic

9. God damn. Just seen it. That finger was barely hanging on

10. preppyak

Elite Supporter

This has been true for a while. The enhancement matches are off Takeovers, 90% of the guys working Takeovers have 10+ years under their belt, etc. Dream, Montez Ford, Bianca Belair, and Breeze are the only people to wrestle on a Takeover this year that you could even reasonably call "developmental" talent...and Breeze is pretty far beyond that now. Revival v American Alpha in June 2016 is probably the last match between WWE grown talent on a Takeover (Ember v Billie Kay maybe...but both were in Shimmer a while).

Takeover: London is probably the true end of "NXT as developmental". Four true developmental tag teams and Elias dark matches. First match has Emma. Then basically all WWE grown people. Revival v Enzo/Cass. Corbin v Crews. Bayley v Nia. Balor v Joe is the only match to feature two well-established guys prior to WWE. It then spends a year or so as "here's this new former TNA signee", and now we're in the PWG era.

Contender likes this.
  11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah I'd agree with all of that.

12. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Feel like NXT being on the network the night after its on USA will hurt ratings since I assume a lot of that crowd will watch AEW live and NXT on the network if they want to watch both shows. This move screams overexposure and doesn't seem smart. Also rumors of a third hour of Smackdown potentially this is too much WWE. AEW needs to Just do their own thing because I feel like WWE is overplaying their hand right now.

13. Ruethless

King of Europe

Look, more importantly, are they going to pre-empty Wednesday night NXT with "Modern Family", SVU, or "Chicago P.D."?

preppyak likes this.
  14. bones

#HEEL

Bring back Psych

15. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

16. Mick

Where can I get a Chrome add-on that changes every instance of "NxT" on the internet to "NXT"?

17. Ruethless

King of Europe

Is that the one that changes "Bailey" to "Bayley"?

Oddpac87, preppyak and Mick like this.
  18. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

What a wimp! Couldn’t even cut the whole damn thing off. I sliced off my entire big toe when I was a damn baby smh

19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Welp Charlotte will be the champ again soon

20. She has to be with it going to fox - she will be woman’s champ and Brock will be heavyweight champ

21. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

What a time to be alive

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

push buddy to the moon

23. preppyak

Elite Supporter

holy crap

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Hell yeah

25. Mick

That's awesome

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.