Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 5: FKA The Viking Experience • Page 289

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Raven has the record for 27 reigns. But Steve fucking Blackman has the record for holding it the longest at 172 days.

2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Fuck yeah Sami

3. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Stray thoughts
    - Jillian Hall sighting? nice
    - Brisco with the 24/7 belt was hilarious.
    - Why did they get rid of Zach Ryder's awesome theme for the ultimate generic theme
    - Samoa Joe has become bray wyatt (a much more talented bray wyatt). He comes out and i just dont care. Too many losses. Think he's become sorta unfixable too...unless he takes 4-5 months off
    - Heyman might be cutting the same promo for 10 years but he's still the best in the business
    - No pop for Candice Michelle...that's the ONLY usage of Melina :(
    - Alundra Blayze has a pretty cool look, theme, entrance. Would like to see her be a manager for someone
    - I say it once, i'll say it again, 2005-2013 is a lost era that no one remembers. It's so weird
    - RVD looked as stoned as he's ever had
    - Drake Maverick is the best thing on raw now.
    - Tighten that production up WWE for Wyatt!

In the end. I love these reunion shows.... or at least I used to. At this point, if they're not going to be used in cannon for the current product, or help escalate a current storyline, then I just don't care anymore. We've SEEEEEN these guys SO much over the years that it's just not that great. And pretty much everyone has now come back in some capacity. Other than Austin, it's just not special.

Pretty skippable crap outside of Drake Maverick

4. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

It's a cheap move to have a show like that where none of the reunion attendees legitimately wrestle...

It's a perfect example of what is wrong with the product at this time.

What continues to blow my mind is how you can keep screwing it up with this much talent/history/potential at your disposal. It's almost as if they are trying to do it all wrong.

Last night's Raw was a poor production that felt like a desperate ploy to regain ground.

5. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I mean, did anyone think it wasn't that?

6. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Dan was so offended by my opinion on raw that he’s no longer purchasing Luigi’s mansion 3. I went through hell in that mansion and turned it into a video game and he won’t support me

oldjersey and GrantCloud like this.
  7. Henry Jul 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 23, 2019)
    Henry

Moderator Moderator

Meltz said that a lot of the plans changed because of how thrown together the show was. There were guys that were going to take bumps that couldn't get medically cleared.

Ricochet was supposed to get the rub from the DX segment, but is out with an elbow injury.

8. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Agree completely. Though if that match ends with him taking a chair to Romans arm in frustration that he cant finish him off, at least they'd have a logical build to a Summerslam match. If you're just gonna feed him to a face randomly, why not have Joe do an open challenge of the alums? One responds, and then they get someone needing a boost to fight for them (would have been a better use of Braun, a more interesting use of The Miz, and probably the perfect use of Stone Cold/KO).

RAW has been basically two shows for the last two weeks...a logical, sort of exciting 60-90 minute show, and then garbled nonsense for the rest.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Kayfabe is ded

10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Fuck the mansion

11. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

oldjersey, preppyak and Henry like this.
  12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Shrek, shea, GrantCloud and 6 others like this.
  13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

What actually is the point of Sami Zayn's character from a WWE pov? "Haha look we're doing terrible but we won't fix it!" That's uh pretty odd. Is he's meant to still be a heel?

14. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Ruethless likes this.
  15. Ruethless

King of Europe

I hope it's actually Kawhi under the mask.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm glad you posted that, because the reference would have went right over my head

17. Ruethless

King of Europe

#WeTheNorth

GrantCloud and bones like this.
  18. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

i want sami to become shane's lackey, go on to beat kofi kingston, and then defend the title at wrestlemania against ko. is that too much to ask?

preppyak likes this.
  19. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Darby, Janela and Havoc in a triple threat at All Out. Fuck yes!!! Should be an insane spot fest which is exactly what I wanted from all three.

iamNex and Shrek like this.
  20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

holy lol around the 2 minute mark at Jarret getting a heap of trash thrown on him as he climbs to reach the belt HAHAH

21. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Why isn't Corey there tonight?

22. preppyak

Elite Supporter

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  23. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

New day are definitely better

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Nak/Apollo match was pretty damn good

25. preppyak

Elite Supporter

I thought Apollo won it after the Angle Slam...though I honestly forgot what his finisher was

ghostedaway likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.