Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 5: FKA The Viking Experience • Page 274

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

He lost at SummerSlam to Roman a year ago, no?

2. you're right - but that was after a 504 day reign lol

my overarching point is that Brock usually holds the title for 100+ days and only loses them at major PPVs so maybe he loses it at Survivor Series or Royal Rumble but it just feels like he's holding it till Mania for Roman vs Brock part 5 or whatever

3. and it was a 156 day reign for Brock before Rollins beat him at WM35

the point is - Brock is gonna be Universal champ for a very long time.

4. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

The Wyatt debut was great.

The matches at SS seem pretty underwhelming so far. Seems like forgone conclusions.

5. poppunkpotato2.0

ItS fUcCiN tReYwAy

Man. Brock is hardly even a credible champion at this point. We all saw how he "won" the briefcase. Not even being part of the match then just running in and taking it while in a storyline context, everyone else is tired and can't really do anything about it. Seems to me like WWE just wants the Universal championship to be held by ex Shield members or Brock Lesnar.

6. poppunkpotato2.0

ItS fUcCiN tReYwAy

Another thing about this wretched company that irks me is their almost constant refusal to put Joe over. Especially long term. Give him a worthless US title, have him lose it quickly, give it back due to injury, then have him lose it AGAIN in his very next title defense. And then they won't even put the world title on him, just constantly doing him dirty. They should have given Joe the briefcase.

7. Nick Jul 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 16, 2019)
    Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

The Finn thing is weird. He's basically been off TV and with his fiancée doing their thing for a month or more now.

Now, he's back loses his title and squashed to go off tv for another two months?

On another note, I really don't get why they set up PPV matches the night after the last PPV. Couldn't they use the month to build a feud before setting the matches 2 weeks in advance or even the week before? Do we really need to know Natalya will face Becky now? Why not let a couple of mid card women feud over the right to face her?

Same with Seth. We all knew a rematch was coming but let him have to fight and scrape for it, not just a solitary battle royale. Let him be a baby face chasing the title attempt for a month.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Looks like he requested two months off and was granted it.

9. preppyak

Elite Supporter

This x1000. Doesnt need to be a tournament, but you can easily re-establish Natty by having her step up to Lacey and then beat her. Likewise, have Alexa and Naomi have a match. Both can take the same time as that elimination match, and both probably end up less dreadful. And after each win, have an Alexa/Natty match next week for the #1 contenders spot.

Its so easy to create matches with stakes every week. Instead we might get a month of Natty promos?

10. Fixed Glitch

The women’s division is so bad that they have to resort to Natalya.... oof

domotime2 likes this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Natty would be fine as a wrestler and talker if they didn't flip flop her more than Big Show.

bigmike, Joe4th and Nick like this.
  12. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Apollo Crews on NXT tomorrow, was this already taped? Now I have his theme stuck in my head

13. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah only the Takeovers are live with NXT

bigmike, PeacefulOrca and preppyak like this.
  15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

did twitter get a redesign? Every time I open a post it looks atrocious.

16. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

well you guys got to complain about Lacey for 3 months, now it's my turn to rip apart inserting Natalya as the next opponent until summerslam. They could not have picked a worst option and got lazy and went with "Canada". That fatal 4 way was SO bad. Three women who aren't over and three women who were wrestling extremely slow, versus Alexa Bliss, the only over person in the ring. They got SO desperate to get a reaction for the match they had Nikki grab the mic (why not just do Nikki vs Becky?... hell do Bliss vs Bayley, Nikki vs Becky).

Hate it.

And Rollins winning to do a rematch just isn't very interesting. He slayed the beast, dont really care if he slays him again.

Thought Raw overall was kinda boring and by the numbers.

17. Fixed Glitch

18. Fixed Glitch

I agree with all of this. Rollins vs Lesnar isn't compelling. It never has been IMO.

It's too bad that the battle royal didn't start better feuds or do something at least.

19. domotime2

Not to beat a dead horse, this is why Lesnar as champ again is fucking AWFUL. The reason why it was time to move on from Lesnar wasn't because I dont like LEsnar. It's not that I don't find him a credible champ or that i dont think hes a great character or just an all around all-time great.

It's because it's RAN ITS FUCKING COURSE! There isn't anyone for him to wrestle. He went through the roster. And then when Rollins won, that was supposed to be it. He was the one who did it. And now we can try and think of new things for Seth to do and challenge, and different angles. I for one, LIKED the becky involvement for a month. It was different. Didn't have to be permanent, but for a July angle? Go for it.

I even came around to the idea of Lesnar with the briefcase, because what's scarier than the beast lurking. But they chose a bad time to cash in, with an "eh moment" at best, and now are back to square one...again...for the millionth time.

Disappointing raw to say the least

poppunkpotato2.0 likes this.
  20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Natalya is miles better than Lacey.

bones and Joe4th like this.
  21. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Its like there were two RAWs. One, up until the womens four-way, was trying for continuity and moving stories along. Even if the stories suck (see: Kanelis) or the matches were a little weak.

From the womens match on, there were 3 abysmal choices that serve no obvious story. The only worse choice than Rollins would have been Strowman, and the only worse choice than Nattie would have been Carmella. And there is no worse choice than ANOTHER Dolph/Miz match. Drake Maverick was the only useful part of the last hour of RAW...amazingly.

22. domotime2

I could not disagree anymore if I tried. My hatred for natalya is top notch. 10+ years in the company, numerous opportunities...and no one has ever cared. I wanted natalya as far away from Becky as possible.

Preserved Moose likes this.
  23. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

People have cared plenty of times, actually

24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Lacey in my view, is a shitty person, a shitty wrestler, and a shitty character. Nattie is miles ahead.

The big difference? Lacey gets better booking and is new so you haven't been worn out.

bigmike, Joe4th and Oddpac87 like this.
  25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

lol

upload_2019-7-16_15-52-14.png

atticusfinch, tucah, bigmike and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.