Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 4: The Ruethless Aggression Era • Page 885

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Where does Bayley have to go so I never see her on tv ever again

bones likes this.
  2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i am continuously confounded at how wrestling fans can judge someone like Sasha from the cheap seats. her body can only take so much and give so much and these are her peak years. why should she spend them somewhere she has to work 200 shows a year and be unhappy?

Contender, GrantCloud, Nick and 2 others like this.
  3. LOL

Nick likes this.
  4. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Uhhh, what?

5. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Ryan Satin is a hack, unless of course he’s feeding some bullshit narrative that two women should be grateful to work for their awful employer, then he’s trustworthy.

Contender and bigmike like this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Does she think she is going to get some six year title reign somewhere else? Maybe job to that new faction in TNA 2.0?

7. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

yikes. sure are taking dirtsheet speculation as gospel here

when Punk went on AoW about the company’s empty promises all of us bought it wholesale but now that someone is doing something privately we know all the details and motivations i guess

Contender, GrantCloud, Nick and 2 others like this.
  8. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

This is a little bit of a leap, no? She’s arguably the best all around performer in the division and has been given nothing except a few month long title reigns including the titles that she helped create. The idea that she’s being painted as greedy or unrealistic for wanting something better is insane.

GrantCloud, Nick, M.Lee and 1 other person like this.
  9. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Sasha and Bayley were all smiles while watching the main event, so for them to reportedly lie on the floor a couple of hours before and then go out and watch a match doesn't add up.

Contender and Oddpac87 like this.
  10. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

She'll be wrestling exclusively on my Instagram account

Henry likes this.
  11. bones

#HEEL

I’m already so fucking tired of AEW and it isn’t even a real thing yet

12. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Mikaze unsurprisingly joining in now.

13. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

You’re too old, Bones. AEW is for the youth.

14. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Stunning development: independent contractor who is exclusively signed to one company and has basically no creative control while having to travel four days a week, pay for said travel and hotel rooms out of pocket while making DRASTICALLY less than her male counterparts is incredibly unhappy.

In related news: wrestling fans don’t see why said talent should be unhappy.

Mick, Contender, Shrek and 5 others like this.
  15. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

If she wants out because she wants more money or an easier schedule then have at it. She has her own worth and deserves to be happy with that.

But

As far as creative, I don’t know what more she can expect? Does she want to main event every card? There’s only so many spots and titles and they gotta change hands some time. She had the “first” main event and hell in a cell. In my opinion I don’t think she is better than Charlotte and is probably on the same level as Becky and Bayley. Right now Becky is the hot hand. And I think Becky’s current character will run out of steam sooner rather than later (hopefully I’m wrong). If they didn’t mess up Bayley I think she’d be the bigger star. And they can still right her in the next year or two but they probably won’t (knowing Vince!)

If the dirt sheets are to be believed, she supposedly said the IIconics won’t do anything for the belt since they can only do comedy. I think that’s unprofessional to say of your coworkers, especially ones that are supposedly your friends. And maybe she has “heat” for an attitude like that.

At the end of the day, she’s all over the record books. She is featured almost every week since her debut, even if the story the past year has been trash. I know this because every fucking week I have to hear stupid ass Cole with his damn “ITS BOSS TIME!!!!” She is probably featured more than 85% of the roster. What else do you want? Unless it’s the first thing.

As for AEW, how do we even know they are gonna push the women? I mean I know they said it but we have nothing to judge on just yet. And these guys are coming from promotions where women weren’t used or were used very poorly. But if they wanna pay people, that’s great. Get that money. Can’t hate anybody for getting money.

16. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Right now I think WWE is the best place for women among the major promotions. Even someone as low as Dana Brooke was having a damn moment for doing absolutely nothing. Just by getting the rub of how hot the women’s division is. Most nights it’s the best part of the show

17. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

She’s underpaid, overworked and constantly playing second or third or fourth fiddle to someone else. Being frustrated with that is entirely reasonable.

Contender, Shrek, GrantCloud and 4 others like this.
  18. M.Lee Apr 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 13, 2019)
    M.Lee

man, I'm pretty Prestigious

She's probably the best female performer they've got, but she's always thought that way, even when she wasn't. If that makes sense, lol

Honestly think I disagree with every sentence of this.

-Charlotte main events nearly every card. They don't care about sticking someone at the top permanently.
    -That women's HiaC match was THREE YEARS AGO. Not much more I can say about that.
    -Each of the four horsewomen has their own strengths. I think she's better than Charlotte, but that won't surprise anyone. Putting her on Bayley's level is just an insult though.
    -Becky isn't going anywhere until people start to turn on her and we're 6 months in with no signs of slowing down at all.
    -That's not what Sasha said. She said they are treated like a comedy tag team. Which is a totally different statement, and 100% fucking accurate.
    -She has done absolutely nothing ever since they randomly dropped the Bayley feud before WM 34. Over a year of doing absolutely nothing. Imagine that happening to someone like Charlotte or Alexa.
    -Having 600 matches against the Riott Squad is not the same as being featured. Roode is featured every week, but who gives a fuck about him?

Shrek, Nick, shea and 4 others like this.
  19. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

It sure is. If she’s unhappy they should let her go be happy. And they all need to be paid better. I don’t know if anyone listens to the masked man podcast but they were talking about a supposed leaked list of what they are making annually. And the ones near the bottom is just sad.

Shrek and M.Lee like this.
  20. plus Sasha has never had a WM moment like the other 3 horsewomen

bigmike likes this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

How differently would people be reacting of Asuka did the same thing? It feels like she's gotten the short end of the stick more than Sasha.

Shrek and bigmike like this.
  22. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Yeah I was gonna say Asuka would probably kill to be featured as much as Sasha. She was the damn champ and basically didn’t even appear on tv except to drop the belt. I think she’s a better wrestler too but obviously not the better promo

23. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

My friends just ran into Tommy Dreamer at a Schwarma restaurant lol

oldjersey and slowheart like this.
  24. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Everything said about Sasha applies to asuka and the entire women’s roster that’s not Charlotte, Alexa, Ronda, and Becky. And nia, too. And a lot of the men’s roster, too.

Joe4th, Nick and Oddpac87 like this.
  25. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Speaking of Nia, damn two torn ACL’s?

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.