Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 4: The Ruethless Aggression Era • Page 609

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Thats the problem with this booking. It 100% isnt Joe. It 100% isnt Randy. And AJ is kind of played out. So, who's left? Cant be Jeff, he's broken. Cant be Mustafa Ali, with his injury....all that's left is Kofi, really. Or then running AJ/D-Bry into the ground.

There's really only one epic answer, and that'd be face Bray coming back from the abyss. But feels like its been too long for Bray.

2. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

This Mark Henry doc is already really good

bigmike and PeacefulOrca like this.
  3. devenstonow

Noobie

you can make it joe. babyface joe can work. Ali I don't think isnt expected to be out for long and was taken out mainly precautionarily, at least that's the rumor

4. Honestly they probably drop the story soon because it’s WWE creative

5. Face KO vs heel Bryan

preppyak likes this.
  6. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

How do you not do Kofi at this point

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

AJ might be off Mania at this point. He's been wrestling with a hernia.

8. Omni

Regular

Incredible performance by Kofi there. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I barely watch these days but that's the type of shit that I used to watch wrestling for. Really hope he wins the title at Mania. He deserves it.

Contender and clucky like this.
  9. clucky

Trusted Supporter

My issue with Kofi vs Bryan at Mania is that is a match definitely Kofi *should* win. So you're left watching the match more fearful they are gonna fuck it up than pulling for the surprise. Whereas tonight, the excitement of the match was daring to dream they'd actually let Kofi win even though you knew in the bottom of your heart they wouldn't.

Yeah, him winning at Mania would still be fun. And after tonight, its hard to see them *not* putting the belt on Kofi at some point. But they wasted a golden opportunity to turn over a new leaf in how shit is booked in this company.

preppyak likes this.
  10. preppyak

Elite Supporter

KO feels the same to me...he and Bray can work, but, it feels like I'd rather it be Kofi.

I mean, I agree here. Kofi was in the pod, D-Bry started...its the right spot to have a guy drop a belt and protect him (see AJ losing to Bray).

At the same time...now the hook is the crowd wants Kofi. And you can build that story into WM because you've got two dynamic guys on the mic (Big E and Xavier) who can sell that story and eat pins to protect him.

I never feel bad at WM when the face wins because of a good story. They fucked up Becky at Summerslam, but got it right at ER and the Rumble. They can do the same for Kofi at WM.

11. I agree - I have no faith in WWE creative to make any of the Smackdown title matches interesting - truly the B show

12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I hate to say it but it just feels like Vince probably doesn't believe kofi could be a mania headliner and that stinks. :concerned:

13. Omni

Regular

That's a good point. However I think everyone wanting to see Kofi finally win the big one coupled with the fact that he and Bryan are very good at what they do is enough to make people forget all of that and get completely invested in the match.

14. preppyak

Elite Supporter

I mean, Seth/Brock and Becky/Charlotte/Ronda are already the headliners. Sasha/Bayley in the tag belts...maybe HHH/Batista as a old-timers thing...there's a TON of faux headline stuff.

The argument against Kofi is that he'd win the belt at 9pm on a show that doesnt end til midnight and itd get lost in the shuffle

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  15. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

A little weird how they're doing a rundown of the Mark Henry/Chyna angle, and have yet to say Chyna's name

16. clucky

Trusted Supporter

eh. I think Kofi winning here, and then maybe dropping it back at Fastlane would make for a better story.

If this were Ali, losing here and then winning at Mania would've been 100% the right call. But Kofi has been chasing this for 12+ years now. He doesn't need another two months to really earn it with the fans. Wish they had just surprised us for once.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this tweet aged well

18. Omni

Regular

What do you guys think about Kofi getting a title match at Fastlane and winning it there instead?

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I honestly think a DQ finish makes more sense for that show. I'd rather Kofi go into Mania as challenger.

Omni likes this.
  20. M.Lee

man, I'm pretty Prestigious

It used to be. Pre-retirement I think it was the most protected move in the company. Post-comeback, not so much.

21. preppyak

Elite Supporter

I'll give Smackdown credit, the fact that they write realistic story arcs makes this possible.

Finn Balor winning the IC belt means fuck-all on RAW in what was theoretically a months long build to the moment...and yet in 5 days SD can get the crowd to care way more about Kofi chasing the WWE title

22. clucky

Trusted Supporter

But they are already going to be telling pretty much that same story with Becky. Doing Kofi's big moment at the same time will get lost in the shuffle.

More I think about it, I'd have Kofi get a rematch at Fastline, but have Bryan brutalize him to win and Kofi kayfabe sustain an injury. Then have him return at MITB and win. That way you get a huge MITB moment, you get the fun of New Day with the briefcase for a few months, and you get another big pop later when Kofi finally does win. And none if it overshadows or is overshadowed by the Becky stuff.

23. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Drew’s “this company” is the original “knowing Vince”

bigmike, Groogz, PeacefulOrca and 8 others like this.
  24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

UFC main event was way worse than that fucking Braun match

M.Lee likes this.
  25. M.Lee

man, I'm pretty Prestigious

Hunter tore his pec barely 3 months ago. He's probably just now able to start real lifting and PT. He might get cleared in time, but it's going to be close.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.