Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 4: The Ruethless Aggression Era • Page 583

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Nick Miller?? He was released dawg.

Taketimeandfind and Nick like this.
  2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  3. Ruethless

King of Europe

Just stop, Dan.

4. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah but to be worth $17 million after being basically top of WWE for 30 years — throughout its boom period of the attitude era, even — is kinda crazy low I think. I mean those same net worth estimating sites put Roman Reigns at about $12 million already. Seth at $5 mil. Ambrose at $7 mil.

Joe4th likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

If this is real, lol

[​IMG]

6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

financial standing aside, $150 for a photo isn’t unreasonable when you consider the median kind of person that would pay for it. YouTube comment fans, Brock Lesnar Guys, neckbeards, Twitter roleplayers, true fans with emotionally draining “your wrestling saved my life” stories. that man is going to spend hours being affable to all types of walks of life and be physically touched by a lot of them. fuck that.

7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

It's interesting. HBK, Jericho, Mick Foley all hover around the same as Taker, which I think makes sense. What wrestlers make is such a secret, as far as I know so it's interesting to look up what you can about it. I wonder what taker was paid his last few Manias.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

ask your boy

9. Shrek

also $150 for a photo op is NOTHING for the con circuit. an ex of mine spent $300 or so for Norman Reedus and Chris Hemsworth

Joe4th likes this.
  10. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah. I’m sure the net worth sites and whatnot also are going on reported yearly salaries which don’t take into account main event bonuses and any cuts of merch sales, etc.

11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Compared to other wrestlers it's alot, apparently it's more than Flair asks for. But yeah in the grand scheme it's par for the course.
    Texting Alvarez at 3pm ;)

Shrek likes this.
  12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

You are talking about guys who either do Axxess all the time, or have been on the Con circuit for many years. Taker is new to this and is getting to meet folks outside of kayfabe for the first time ever, really.

Dave mentioned that this is also going to be one of the first times LA Park is doing a signing. Guys like that can afford to charge what they want because people see value in having a photo or items signed by them.

Joe4th and Shrek like this.
  13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Redemption is Sunday at 6 GMT. The Jushin Liger show is Scappermania on March 16th.

Looks like a 2k19 create a title

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Ohhh I'm a dummy and thought the show was tonight. I was about to sit on Taima waiting for it to start streaming. lol

Nick likes this.
  15. Shrek

also, guys like ‘Taker and Flair never built a brand out of anything but wrestling. all their eggs are in that basket. Austin’s dabbled in acting and hosting and various gigs. i’m sure he’s doing well.

Joe4th likes this.
  16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

He's doing better than probably 99% of the wrestlers to ever be in the biz.

17. Shrek

i’d give that status to Rock/Batista/Cena types that have become valuable names in blockbuster hollywood. you also gotta remember Steve Austin’s time on top was shorter than we remember. really five years. an all time lucrative five years but still.

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Cena is gonna be hosting that smarter than a 5th grader show on nickelodeon.

19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

You scared me and I had to check, definitely Sunday haha.

also just realised it's Homecoming 2 not Redemption whoops

20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

You'd be surprised, Austin is in that class with Cena at least. Rock obviouisly a league of his own. The Bautista numbers i'm seeing seem way too low.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Me thinking of how to drive this point home to Dan

[​IMG]

Joe4th likes this.
  22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Fuck you talkin bout

Joe4th likes this.
  23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

every conversation we've ever had

Oddpac87, GrantCloud and Joe4th like this.
  24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

wow

GrantCloud and Joe4th like this.
  25. Obligatory ‘I really miss Eddie’ post

Joe4th likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.