Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 4: The Ruethless Aggression Era • Page 582

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Get that $$$

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

That rubs me the wrong way

3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

That's no different than what a lot of celebs at cons charge, it's his first really big appearance outside of WWE. No problem with it at all, if people want to pay, let em

4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I get the large booking fee, but forcing life long fans to pay way over twice of what anyone else is charging, idk. I get it but it's kinda fucked.

5. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Eh, it's the same price to meet Becky Lynch at axxess. People will pay, so let them pay. The booking fee is actually more insane to me, but also, of the people pay, they pay

GrantCloud, Joe4th and PeacefulOrca like this.
  6. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Wwe is charging people 190 to meet Ronda so

7. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I paid like 40 bucks to meet HBK and get his autograph in the late 90s, it was well worth it

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah I mean there's the theory there are a ton of people that can't afford it and you could make more with a lower price. Guess it's the industry standard, I know I wouldn't pay anywhere close to that to shake the Undertakers hand.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I met KO at a Hot Topic and it only cost me the price of a shirt.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

And Jericho cost me one of his books. I bought two and he was so damn appreciative.

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I don't think I'd ever care to pay to meet a wrestler. I've takes to guys like Riddle, Keith Lee, and Walter at OTT. But even my favourite guys I wouldn't pay to meet them or get an autograph or the like

amorningofsleep likes this.
  12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

It makes sense for axxess to charge 150 bucks to meet Becky Lynch just like it makes sense for the Barclays center to charge me 20 dollars to eat a few fuckin chicken tenders.

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Barclays food is disgusting.

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Has anyone seen Atlantas new football stadium concession prices?!?!?

shea likes this.
  15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Dave talked about this on the Observer today. Its really fucking weird. The audience keeps laughing about guys getting sexually assaulted by their bosses. The 90's were fucking awful.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Vince was insane for agreeing to go on this show. Holy fuck he gets eviscerated.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

One of the guys starts a sentence "The leader of the midget group, Lord Middlebrook..."

18. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Holy shit, I would love to hear this.

shea likes this.
  19. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

They had a bunch of starrcast on fite tv last year. Wonder if they'll do it again, would watch this

20. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I think I remember a few years back someone saying that they don’t get a cut from the paid axxess signings. Don’t know if that’s true or not. So at least taker is gettin his money

21. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

Just become a journalist, then you guys could get paid to meet Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks, Bayley, Daniel Bryan, the Bella Twins, John Cena, Cesaro, Seth Rollins, Jinder Mahal, Roman Reigns, the New Day, Ric Flair, Goldberg, and become lifelong friends with all of them!

j/k, me and Jinder aren't lifelong friends and I'm lowkey John Cena's mortal enemy

LuigiPeppercorn likes this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Dave said that Undertaker isn't as well off financially as people think. Gotta make those bucks when you can.

23. Mick Feb 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 15, 2019)
    Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

I don't think any of the big stars from his era are as well-off as people might think, aside from guys like Rock and Austin who were able to parlay careers in the mainstream. Taker's whole career has been WWE, and with that comes A LOT of expenses. All those years of travel, hotel rooms, rental cars, etc etc etc ain't cheap. I'm assuming based off his size, he was probably one of the guys who opted to get their own bus with a driver, which is another big expense. Then figure in medical (I've always been curious if WWE pays for these surgeries people have to have or not). Also, he probably had to pay a lot back in taxes as an independent contractor. Don't think dude is really struggling, especially compared to 95% of the world, but I don't think he walked away from the business with fuck you money, nor enough money in the bank (heh) to live off of for the lifestyle he has probably come accustomed to.

Joe4th and bigmike like this.
  24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I mean a bunch of his websites say he is worth around 17 mil, I have no idea how accurate or what that means for someone in his position but, I don't think he's goin hungry.

I get it though, make whatever you can when you can because you never know when it's going to come to a stop. Luckily for Taker he can milk this shit at conventions no matter how many new hips he needs.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

@Nick what time is the OTT show?

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.