1. We've launched a new merch store featuring the Chorus.fm and classic AbsolutePunk.net logo on a variety of t-shirts, hoodies, and other items. Check it out now on at Threadless.
    Dismiss Notice

Wrestling Thread 4: The Ruethless Aggression Era • Page 574

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. preppyak

K.O. Rocks! Prestigious

Oh, Im down with this. We need a "secret limo driver Becky" week at least.

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  2. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Just give me Charlotte/Asuka II and I’ll be happy

Joe4th and Mick like this.
  3. Drew Beringer

@drewberinger Moderator

you know the stipulation will be if Becky wins it's a triple threat and if she loses she's banned from Mania or some shit

it's gonna be a triple threat because Charlotte has to be a part of every single major women's event no matter what

4. Drew Beringer

@drewberinger Moderator

somehow they are gonna end up putting the smackdown title on the mania pre-show

she's gonna fight Mandy Rose or some shit

5. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

She’s gotta do something to Ric on his birthday bash

preppyak likes this.
  6. Drew Beringer

@drewberinger Moderator

every. single. year.

7. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

cHaRlOtTe'S mOoNsAuLt
    [​IMG]

Joe4th, LuigiPeppercorn and Ruethless like this.
  8. domotime2

It's an Albany Expression Prestigious

Right and while that sucks or not 100% necessary, to me, at least they're acknolweding that she's that type of character.

It's Reigns. It's what Reigns should have been. Charlotte needs to be that heel. It's a good story.

Now while i thought Becky vs Ronda was a good enough story on its own, i like this Charlotte as vince's "#1" angle too

preppyak likes this.
  9. preppyak

K.O. Rocks! Prestigious

For some reason it didnt occur to me that that's exactly why they're gonna do a "big event" with Ric. There's gonna be a cake, Becky's gonna be a caterer, and someone's going through it.

domotime2 likes this.
  10. Ruethless

King of Europe

Asuka and Mandy Rose gonna tear the house down

Joe4th, LuigiPeppercorn and Henry like this.
  11. preppyak

K.O. Rocks! Prestigious

Also, at least its not Alexa Bliss, who would drag the match down. Charlotte can go...she's got solid pacing and selling. She can carry the spots when Ronda gets lost.

Joe4th likes this.
  12. domotime2

It's Reigns. Reigns and Charlotte can both "go". It's just that they were both put in positiions that sucked character wise. Charlotte is "Vince's ideal #1 woman"... DO that. Do that angle and let us boo her.

Now how the hell do they get to 4hw vs 4hw? no clue

13. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Still maintain that there is nothing wrong with her moonsault. The problem is nobody wants to catch her. Which I can understand. And maybe you could make the argument that for that reason she shouldn’t do it.

Joe4th and Mick like this.
  14. preppyak

K.O. Rocks! Prestigious

I suspect thats a long time off. Although WM ending with Sasha/Bayley/Becky as champs and Charlotte not would be a nice twist on the usual

domotime2 likes this.
  15. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

They can still turn whoever they need to turn to make it happen. The only problem for me is duke and shafir aren’t believable as threats to the wwe horsewomen.

16. domotime2

yeah maybe preppyak is right with that's not happening for quite some time so for now...whatever

although someone from the WWE has to eventually defect and turn on them (but thats another dream booking rant for another year)

17. Mick

Exactly this. Girls got one of the best looking moonsaults out there on its own, and that corkscrew one is insanity. I think the issue is that she's bigger than just about everyone else on the roster aside from like, 3 people, and for her to hit it flush to the outside could seriously fuck someone up, so they rely on her landing mostly on her feet without anyone actually trying to catch her. And like you said, for that reason maybe they shouldn't do it. But to somehow place the blame on Charlotte, as if the person on the receiving end isn't the one bearing the responsibility to get into place to make the contact look good, is so silly.

I think this is the same reason why when she goes for the move on a downed opponent in the ring, she almost always lands on her shins/knees. At first I thought maybe she was nervous about landing flat like that and popping an implant again, but over the past couple months we've seen her take way crazier bumps than a moonsault.

Taketimeandfind and Joe4th like this.
  18. Mick

This is a really weird tweet, made even weirder by the fact that its on my timeline because Lana retweeted herself...

Contender likes this.
  19. preppyak

K.O. Rocks! Prestigious

And if the rumors are true

Ronda is leaving possibly leaving after WM to try and have a kid...so, if that happens, there's at least like a year and a half before they could even do that. Like Survivor Series 2020 or something. And by then, maybe Schafir and Duke are ready

domotime2 likes this.
  20. Drew Beringer

@drewberinger Moderator

What does that move effectively do? She never makes contact with anyone why do it

21. domotime2

Look. Becky vs Rousey was the easy, obvious main event. There's a reason why Austin over HBK and Austin over Rock weren't triple threats.

BUT... i try.... i try and meet these people (vince) half way. If we're doing this. At least, do it in an interesting way. And this is.

And hey... who knows...maybe there's a 1% chance of this not happening (i'm pretending that i dont read the internet)

22. Mick

Drew, stop slacking and re-post the tweet from Lana that I already posted, will ya?

Oddpac87, Joe4th and preppyak like this.
  23. Drew Beringer

@drewberinger Moderator

I’m just sick of Charlotte getting every big moment with very few ever feeling organic or deserved

M.Lee likes this.
  24. domotime2

i will say. it makes that stupid "listen to the fans" shit promo a few weeks ago seem even shittier

25. Drew Beringer

@drewberinger Moderator

it's because WWE writers don't have a plan for anything - there's no journey - they make this shit up as they go hours before the show goes live

Charlotte winning the belt to close out Mania would be the worst ending in the history of WrestleMania

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.