Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 4: The Ruethless Aggression Era • Page 440

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Even if AEW doesn't work, it just gives us more wrestling to watch. I'm a fan of that.

Joe4th and PeacefulOrca like this.
  2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I just feel like the Kahn backing is a gigantic positive factor

atticusfinch and Joe4th like this.
  3. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I put it on the other day for 5 minutes. That was a bad 5 minutes.

4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Such a good feeling downing those metal slimes

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Its so weird imagining the pop The Revival will get in any other company.

6. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Also, Vince famously hates tag teams. He's pitched a dozen different ways to break up the New Day, and broken up every other tag team he possibly could, even if it made no sense (see: American Alpha)

Why would any group dedicated to being a tag team want to work for him when they could go work for a group helmed, in part, by a tag team dedicated to tag wrestling.

tucah likes this.
  7. bones

#HEEL

Yea, knowing Vince...

bigmike likes this.
  8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Not surprised Vince hates tag teams

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I don't know if that's the case with NXT guys. I can't think of many cases, outside of Jordan and Gable where they broke up tags after call up. He mostly just puts guys together to get them over before a Mania program. Hell, I thought he'd have done it with the Bar by now. Their single program got them so fucking over and lately they just feel like placeholders.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

And oi vey this Shane and Miz set up is fucking lame.

preppyak and PeacefulOrca like this.
  11. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

historically, any promotion getting even the biggest WWE talent does nothing to move the needle long term and hasn’t since WCW

delvec19 likes this.
  12. delvec19

Trusted

If Finn wins the title at Rumble, I believe that means WWE is legit scared of AEW and people leaving....or could also mean that Brock isn't signed through Mania..

amorningofsleep likes this.
  13. delvec19

Trusted

Legit excited at the thought of AEW even being half as competitive as WCW was.

14. preppyak

Elite Supporter

American Alpha, Lucha Dragons, Enzo and Cass. They broke up the Wyatts, though now they're reformed. And the Vaudevillians (though thats a little different). Feels like they' break up Sanity in a heartbeat if they wanted to push Killian or EY.

By the time 2020 hits, Im not sure a single tag team from their prime era will still exist on the main roster (cant see DIY reforming. Blake and Murphy split before getting called up. Revival arent likely in the company, etc)

15. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I'll have a fucking aneurysm if Finn wins.

16. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I'd love for Brock to not have a mania match but I doubt that'll happen unless there's a major UFC event barring him from doing so and even then I doubt Vince doesn't still get him

17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yup, they gotta draw the casual fan, which has yet to be done. I still believe it can be though. People will check out where Jericho went if the TV is available enough. How many will? No idea.

18. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Given Jerichos resume, I'm sure plenty of people will be interested.

19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Balor winning and Rollins winning the rumble would be too perfect

preppyak and PeacefulOrca like this.
  20. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Did bayley get re-signed by wwe?

21. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I doubt it happens but I wouldn't mind dbry losing the title and then winning the rumble, either. Seems like two really easy championship matches to book so it definitely won't happen.

22. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Hmmmmm

23. delvec19

Trusted

I'll take any combo of Balor, Rollins, Bryan, AJ in Mania matches together. I'm asking for a lot I think though..

amorningofsleep and ghostedaway like this.
  24. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

I can't disagree with this more. Assuming they are really in this for the long haul and run the company well, I hope guys like Kevin, Sami, Cesaro, etc end up over there eventually. Give me the last decade of PWG but with actual financial backing and production value.

preppyak likes this.
  25. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

different strokes. i think it would be cool if new talent get the opportunity to make a comfortable living instead of the money makers going somewhere else to make money

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.