Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 4: The Ruethless Aggression Era • Page 423

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm curious to see the direction they take the women's title on NXT. Bianca looked super green tonight. I think she has a great career ahead of her, but she still has a long ways to go.

2. clucky

Trusted Supporter

belair and nikki are always so good together

ghostedaway likes this.
  3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

"It's not for me"

4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

6. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Contender likes this.
  7. devenstonow

Noobie

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

That was quick. Shame, I liked his tag team with Mendoza a lot.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I don't know how I ended up on it, but I'm watching old Smokey Mountain promos from New Jack. Its fucking great.

10. PauLo

43% Burnt

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

AEW stuff from the Observer:

They are negotiating with two major cable networks for a live weekly two-hour show

AEW opened picking up sizable talent and there are very serious negotiations with two major cable stations for a weekly two-hour live prime time television show

The Jacksonville show is expected to take place in July, and the third show is expected to take place in Chicago in September

The second AEW show will be during the summer in Jacksonville, with a large percentage of proceeds going to benefit victims of gun violence. There is still a lot to work out for the show, but it will most likely be in July or closely related to that.

The third show, as yet unannounced, is likely to be in Chicago, possibly back at the Sears Center, over Labor Day weekend with the idea of being the anniversary of the first All In, and would also be a PPV show.

They are unlikely to land Mayu Iwatani, but are looking at other Japanese women including bringing in Aja Kong

Women wrestlers from Stardom and other promotions have been contacted. One of the key ones was Mayu Iwatani, who is unlikely to come. ROH, which also has an affiliation with Stardom, paid for Iwatani’s three-year U.S. visa so unless ROH and AWE make a deal, which will be difficult because they are competitors, Stardom feels it would be wrong to have her work against ROH, which also has booked Iwatani for its Madison Square Garden show.

Several Japanese women have been talked about for at least certain dates, including Hall of Famer Aja Kong, but that deal is not believed to be completed. But the Japanese women are being heavily scouted.

Tuesday Night Dynamite probably won't be a thing

While Tuesday Night Dynamite was trademarked and that obviously meant Tuesday was the plan at that time, it is up to the station they sign with and right now Tuesday looks highly unlikely, but two hours of live prime time is still the plan with either deal.

The Young Bucks turned down a very unique deal from WWE

Paul Levesque worked hard at getting all four into WWE. Page was offered main roster money to work NXT, where he’d have been pushed as one of its top stars. The Bucks & Cody were offered strong deals. The Bucks deal was for money roughly the same as WWE champion A.J. Styles, which would have also included BTE being made a regular weekly show on the WWE Network, as well as something I’ve never heard WWE concede on, which was a six-month window where they could have left their three-year contract if they wanted and weren’t happy with their push.

Of course, WWE was fully aware of the Khan deal as this was going down, which was one of the reasons they went so hard in locking up talent of late. The great offer with the six-month window was with knowledge that Khan was not doing the promotion without The Bucks & Cody and signing them would keep them from being opposition. Without them, Khan wouldn’t have the star power and stars of All In, meaning he’d likely not have the openings to everything from television to top talent that was necessary.

Those who work in WWE with knowledge of the deal were certain they wouldn’t turn it down, and outright told me that they would be debuting at the Rumble, and had a Rumble-to-Mania significant storyline. When they made the decision to go to AEW, they remarked that it was mind-boggling that they would ever get an offer at that level, and even more that they were turning it down. But they did roughly 12 hours of talks with Levesque, who they heavily praised in how he handled everything, in particular seeing the comedy aspect in the skit they did where they superkicked Kazarian dressed up as him over-and-over in what was the public turning down of the offer on BTE.

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

ROH's new era looks rough

1/12 is a TV taping at Center Stage in Atlanta, which they’ve always sold out with about 700 fans in the past. But NXT was also just there. The show will be headlined by Nick Aldis vs. PJ Black for the NWA title, which is interesting. They are pushing it as the return of the NWA title to Center Stage. Other bouts announced are Briscoes defending the tag titles against Baretta & Chuckie T, Bandido vs. Mark Haskins, Silas Young vs. Eli Isom for a TV title shot at Jeff Cobb and David Finlay vs. Tracy Williams

They also run 1/13 in Concord, NC with Jay Lethal vs. Dalton Castle for the ROH title, Kelly Klein vs. Jenny Rose in a street fight for the WOH title, Villain Enterprises of Marty Scurll & Brody King & PCO vs. Silas Young & Mark & Jay Briscoe, Bandido vs. PJ Black, Matt Tavern & TK O’Ryan & Vinny Marseglia vs. Delirious & Shane Helms & Luchasaurus in a Proving Ground match (if challengers win they get a trios title match, or if they go to a draw they also get a title match), Flip Gordon vs. Tracy Williams, Juice Robinson & David Finlay (who will be doing ROH until returning to Japan in late February) vs. Baretta & Chucky T and Mark Haskins vs Beer City Bruiser

Joe4th likes this.
  13. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

it’s gotta be tough to have Scurll be arguably your hottest guy but also be unable to really invest in him given he’s probably heading out in three months

bigmike, Nick and Joe4th like this.
  14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

WWE posted a video titled "returns we want to see in 2019" and the thumbnail was the Red Queen. Yes pls.

Joe4th likes this.
  15. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

As someone who has never really followed the Elite, I would have liked to see them in WWE just to see what would have happened.

I also want to support their new promotion even though I don’t know too much about them. Kinda makes me feel like a poser.

Also, I would welcome a return of All Red Everything

16. Ruethless

King of Europe

Oh boy, the DAREWOLF is back in action!

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Eva also just posted a picture that says "current mood" with her in red hair. It's gotta be happening. Maybe Rumble? HMMMMM.

Joe4th likes this.
  18. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

Hahhaha wwe and "significant storylines"

19. devenstonow

Noobie

Not sure if ya'll have found out yet, but the Eva Marie stuff is that she's doing Celebrity Big Brother. She fucked up a few days ago and posted a picture of her doing a promo(tv promo not the wrestling type of promo) for it

20. bones

#HEEL

Eva Marie STINKS

Oddpac87, preppyak, Ruethless and 2 others like this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Tyler's shirt tho

[​IMG]

preppyak and Joe4th like this.
  22. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I wish Takeover UK was today. Won't be able to watch it live tomorrow

23. Ruethless

King of Europe

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Everything going on right now is fascinating and feels like a really big deal. Bucks turning down that WWE deal and going to AEW and hopefully getting a Live TV deal has the potential to be a major milestone in wrestling history.

Also I wanna go to that Jacksonville show.

Joe4th likes this.
  25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Frank Mir is such a weird guy to have wrestle but at least he can cut a promo

slowheart and Joe4th like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.