Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 4: The Ruethless Aggression Era • Page 385

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this is the only option.

Unless the Queen comes back.

ghostedaway and PeacefulOrca like this.
  2. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Kind of amazing to think that if you made a list of top spots from tonight, women would likely be top 5, and most of the top 10. Randy/Rey was basically the only mens match that had major spots.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  3. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

The swap will probably be like Nia, ember, liv and Sarah For Charlotte, Becky, Carmella and Sonya cause raw always wins

4. Ruethless

King of Europe

Mick, preppyak and ghostedaway like this.
  5. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

It’s kind of amazing that the women on both brands are in better spots storytelling wise than the men on both brands.

6. M.Lee

man, I'm pretty Prestigious

really not a fan of a Mania triple threat if they go that way. no reason to cheapen Becky's moment

7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Damn, Finn won? That's a shock. Was it a good match?

8. preppyak Dec 17, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 17, 2018)
    preppyak

Elite Supporter

I know why they did it...but I still cant get over the fact they booked Bayley's dream match, in her home town, only it was with Natalya instead of her. To have her overcome the Riott Squad that way would have been just as amazing as having Asuka go over in that TLC match.

Since she hasnt won a PPV match without a partner since WM33...

edit: It's almost as bad for Sasha too (her getting into MITB aside). Sasha's last 1-on-1 PPV match was a year ago, on the kickoff of TLC 2017, against Alicia Fox.

Nick likes this.
  9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Honestly, they really should save Ronda/Becky/Charlotte for Mania

I think a good way around it would be Shayna/Ronda vs. Becky/Charlotte at the Rumble.

Sets some more seeds for 4HW, keeps them busy at the Rumble, it ends up still being a high profile match, and saves your money main event for Mania.

It probably won't happen

10. devenstonow

Noobie

Not sure if this is a joke but I meant literally the face she makes when she's mad during a match

preppyak likes this.
  11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Only shitty thing is rly gonna be Ronda keeping the belt till mania but it's not like there's anyone better to give it to right now anyway

12. bones

#HEEL

Dean Ambrose stinks

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  13. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Ambrose has always been very average but now he looks even slower than he did before

14. delvec19

Trusted

Anyone that hasn't seen Bryan's promo on the TLC WWE Now pre-show on youtube. Go watch it now!!

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Did I win the pick em this month?

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Dave said Vince was furious about how bad the Dean match was lol

Nick and Joe4th like this.
  17. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Interesting hot take from the meltz man

18. bones

#HEEL

Meltzer stinks way more than Ambrose

19. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I couldn’t help but think about the KO “are we good?” and picture what Vince was thinking after this match

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

21. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

well, until that app becomes a thing...

Pre show; whatever. I will say that I think they need to come up with a way to elevate Elias a tiny bit at this point. His songs are starting to peak a bit and it doesn't help that they've done nothing with Lashley either. I like him and rush together, but they're not winning matches. I like Elias but they're not really showcasing any good wrestling matches from him on a ppv and they really should start doing that soon.

MMC = C-. I think this was literally as good as it could've been. No great wrestling at all, some weak character stuff, and the only thing that's remotely entertaining is R-Truth doing R-Truth. Choosing Stamford is funny but also a great cheap cop out so the WWE doesn't have to film vignettes anywhere else. The interview segment in the ring was awkward, that new interview girl's a bit rough.

Triple Threat Tag = C+. Harsh grade but i just didn't care about this match. Three solid tag teams, who have done a great job with this division but.... it's the same three, all year, with no new wrinkle. Another solid match, but not the best i've seen. Bar wins, great...where do we go from here? Can we try pushing Xavier or Big E? They can still be new day but like, have one of them go after the US title or something. Too bad they pissed away Rusev Day...could've been a good tag for more than 3 months.

Corbins Not GM Anymore = D. Would've been much better to just do Angle vs Corbin. I agree with Corey, why does Roode and Gable hate Corbin? Apollo Crews? What? And i just find it hilarious that in kayfabe, they're using Corbin as the reason for bad ratings.

Ruby vs Natalya = C-. That's a better grade than I expected to give it. The match itself was totally fine, sorta. I think Ruby's great and she tried her best here. But god damn, what a waste of time this whole feud was. STOP pushing Natalaya. There's no reason for this. I agree with that this could've been Bayley taking down the Riott Squad or Sasha... ORRR just let the Riot Sqaudd come out on top. Give these heels SOMETHING to hang their hat on but no... they couldn't beat Natalya 3 on 1 in a no DQ match.

Finn vs Drew = D. Eh. Now this felt like a raw match. The feud isn't really much of anything and the match wasn't really much of anything. I'd like to see both of them do something more.

Orton vs Mysterio = C. Generous grade because I don't care about these two, in this feud, at all. I've heard many wrestling fans being really into it so I don't want to get on it too much but, i'm just not into Orton, and haven't been for 3 years. I'd much much much rather see Mysterio vs Almas...and Orton do nothing.

Rousey vs. Nia = A-. I loved this much. Very very very good. Watched the whole thing and just thought the whole match was super solid. Smooth. Probably the best Rousey match on the roster.

Bryan vs. AJ = A-. Great wrestling match. Nothing else more to say. Totally okay with the ending too. Excited to see what happens next for both.

Dean vs Seth = B-. A bit disappointing but nothing offensively bad. A slow paced match but not the worst thing ever. Now COMMENTARY on this match was abysmal. Stop with the Dean/Renee stuff if you're not going to do anything with it. I was guessing that this was going to lead to a Renee heel turn or something but if it's just going to be nothing, then stop. It's infuriatingly distracting. But otherwise, normal match. Dean champ opens the door for Seth and Brock so, cool.

YAY Women Main Event = A-. Pumped that this main evented. It was much deserved. Now i didn't think this was as good as Becky vs Charlotte in last woman standing, but still an entertaining match. Great spots, great heat, everyone in this match are over and we had a fun WWE ending to the match. Becky/Charotte/Rousey Mania, book it, lets do it. Wonder who Asuka faces next? Maybe Vince does the shake-up cause Mandy and Iiconics are kinda far away in terms of credibility

Overall you gotta give it a B. I thought 3 of the last 4 matches were all really really good and then everything else was kinda eh or decent or not offensivley bad.

22. preppyak

Elite Supporter

They could have dropped all these matches from the PPV and saved them for RAW/SD...the PPV would have been a good hour shorter, the flow would have been better, and the matches themselves would have gotten the time they needed (Ruby v Nattie being long wouldnt be so bad in a 3hr RAW where they need to fill time)

Corbin booked them in multiple handicap matches, including one where he set up Gable to be attacked back stage by AOP and then a 3-on-1 match with Roode began. Even their title shot was a 3-on-2 handicap match. Not really sure why Apollo was there, dont remember Corbin screwing him specifically.

Fixed Glitch likes this.
  23. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I can't believe they had liv and sarah come out with ruby just to get pummeled by natty, could've at the very least thrown bayley and sasha out there for a few minutes. Sheesh.

24. M.Lee

man, I'm pretty Prestigious

I went bed after the show last night instead of grading them. I'll do it tonight and post them after Raw.

I'm also interested to hear people's takes on why they prefer a Mania triple threat. To me it seems like a feud that Charlotte was shoved into from the beginning (even down to stealing Becky's damn gimmick for a couple weeks).

The idea of Asuka and Charlotte finishing a storyline a year in the making just seems so much better. Especially when it could legitimately reestablish Asuka as one of their top stars

preppyak likes this.
  25. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

That triple threat tag match is the definition of rehash.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.