Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 3: Dan vs. Cam • Page 182

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Oct 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

Jason: hey matt, i am gonna face braun later, got any tips?
    Matt: well, they call him the monster among men.

What a beautiful conversation.

samoanowens likes this.
  2. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

NXT and the main roster have two different audiences and two different creative teams behind them. What works in NXT just doesn't work on the main roster, save for the rare, transcendent talent like KO or Finn or someone else of that ilk.

3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Mandy has improved a ton, she's been constantly working house shows, glad she got called up. Not familiar with Sonya like at all so I dunno about her.

and yeah, Roman will probably defend the IC title twice. They're going to break the Shield up again and he's going to get booed even more when that happens

DisloyalOrder likes this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It bums me out that Mandy didn't debut with Goldust.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

cant wait for Corey to fawn over Mandy. She is 100% the new Eva Marie.

samoanowens and tucah like this.
  6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

“Corey”

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

preppyak and electro haikus like this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I guess there are no NXT tapings until next Wednesday. Weird.

9. Shrek

i want to try to not read them for once in my life but WWE spoils anything truly noteworthy themselves so it's relatively pointless

10. I really don’t think they’ll break up the shield again - just let it be a thing when they need it

ghostedaway and electro haikus like this.
  11. Shrek

i hope that's the case.

12. preppyak

Elite Supporter

This is actually where I am on the whole roster, to be honest. Survivor Series opened up a bunch of potential mini-feuds, that can in no way happen because of the brand split. We were hyped for the card because of all the new matches...which could be happening every week w/ no brand split.

And then RAW/SD happen and its the same matches Ive seen since September

13. Shrek

the thing about the brand split is there are guys we'd never see again without it. the lay of the land necessitates the breezangos and hype bros of the roster, whereas without the brand split it would probably go back to Raw being Raw and Smackdown being Raw 1.5: The Tag Main Eventening. it's also gotta lend some more consistency to the performers' lives because there's no more A squad and B squad for house shows to change up every few months. i personally think the brand split is still doing more good than harm.

14. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Yeah WWE doesn't correctly use Smackdown properly when it isn't part of the brand split, that was the problem. When Smackdown becomes RAW 1.5 then what's the point of watching it in the first place?

samoanowens likes this.
  15. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

The NXT after Takeover is usually just a recap of Takeover with like 2 pretaped matches. I hate how they do that. They taped two the night before Takeover. One of which was really good

16. Shrek

referring to Dunne/Gargano?

17. Shrek

with the release of the 2K18 NXT DLC today, fully ready for every single person i face online to have the ground setup of Black Mass.

ghostedaway and LuigiPeppercorn like this.
  18. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Nah there was a UK tag match that was really good. I haven’t heard anything about Dunn’s/Gargano

electro haikus likes this.
  19. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Having seen her multiple times at live events, Mandy Rose is solid. I don't think she should been called up straight to the main roster, but she is better than she appears.

20. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I literally set up an NXT universe for this

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

WWE these days is at it's worst when Roman has a fucking strap. Fuck that.

domotime2 and electro haikus like this.
  22. Shrek

the match itself was fun and he looked legit hyped, but i'm sure it'll be the drizzling shits next week

23. Shrek

oohh from the house show, i forgot. nice!

24. Ruethless

King of Europe

Basically using his entrance for my CAW's now

25. PauLo

43% Burnt

Calling up Rose and Deville was the right move IMO. Thy wont call up the top 4 of the division (Sane, Riot, Moon and Cross) as there's still plenty to do with those 4. The Iconic Duo will suit SD! a lot more (if they end up there) as I can see them mixing it up with Charlotte and Becky. And seeing them annoy DB will be great. With some of the Mae Young Classic competitors rumoured to be signing, moving on Rose and Deville makes sense. Both have had a little more exposure with Tough Enough and, for Rose, Total Divas. Deville is a bit more obvious because she'll definitely be over shadowed by Shayna Bayzler, so calling her up is smart. And both wrestle a style more suited to main roster IMO.

I can only see upsides. Plus I love Paige.

clucky likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.