Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 3: Dan vs. Cam • Page 1218

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Oct 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Ruethless

King of Europe

Worst match of the year was Dan vs. Cam, didn't live up to the hype

2. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Okada/Omega IV is the obvious answer, Ospreay/Scurll and Bucks v Golden Lovers are up there too. BOSJ Finals

Gargano/Ciampa and NA Ladder match. Gargano/Almas from Philly. Moustache Mountain v The Undisputed Era, Ricochet v Dream for NXT

Only main roster matches that are memorable are the Seth Gauntlet match, and maybe Seth/Miz from Backlash or the 6-pack Challenge from Fastlane. But I'd include about a dozen PWG matches, and like 30-40 NJPW matches before I'd include those last 2.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I thought Cam would get a bigger pop when he returned.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  4. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Mens Rumble was also really good this year

5. bones

#HEEL

All the Ziggler matches

bigmike and LuigiPeppercorn like this.
  6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

that show was in Corpus Christi, i accept no blame

Oddpac87, bigmike and PeacefulOrca like this.
  7. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

You've exhausted the market man

Shrek likes this.
  8. Shrek

man, outside of that gauntlet match, it really is hard to think of any main roster matches that wowed me this year outside of Rollins/Ziggler on Raw. 205 Live has had a shit ton, though, if that counts as main roster.

bones likes this.
  9. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Rollins Miz was good but idk about match of the years

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Rollins/Balor on Raw or the Men's MitB were good too.

11. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Its amazing how much the quality has dropped since 2 years ago. We got stuff like that Y2AJ tag match on a random show; at the major PPVs we'd get Cena/AJ. That Rumble for Romans title was great. The MITB and IC title chase was great. Sami v KO at Battleground. The Womens division was on fire.

Roster is way deeper now, and I cant remember more than like 5 good matches this year

Shrek likes this.
  12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

The royal rumble matches were good

Shrek likes this.
  13. devenstonow

Noobie

From WON, Matt Hardy has been shadowing producers to see if he has a future in that. Jason Jordan has also been doing that.

14. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Matt would make an incredible trainer for the performance center.

15. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Its really astounding how much talent is being wasted in the company right now.

Hoping Summerslam is a turnaround. Getting the belt off Brock will help. But the problems run deeper than that

They need to focus less on long term story telling. Sure the AJ/Nak feud eventually got us one good match, but they didn't need to drag it out with multiple plodding ones before it. Just let your guys go at each other and put on the best match possible. There is enough talent on the roster that you aren't going to be ruining a future moment by doing a match to soon. Similar with pushing people like Carmella. She is a fine wrestler. People give her too much shit. But having the point of your title match be "a dude shows up and costs the challenger the victory" isn't good wrestling. Just have your best people putting on their best matches.

Also people need to start giving a fuck. I donno if its the wrestlers or the booking or both but when KO is the only guy doing anything remotely "extreme" at extreme rules, you have a problem.

16. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Rollins/Balor when Rollins reintroduced the curb stomp? Was that this year?

Shrek likes this.
  17. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

So Jordan’s injury is that serious?

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

His surgery was minor, but after everything was finished, they realized it was pretty significant.

19. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Charlotte was on ESPN and said her dream match would be Stephanie McMahon or Ronda

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  21. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

:-O

22. Shrek

The Doughboys are All In

i can’t wait for Spoon Man to run in and rain down stunners while Burger Boy locks in the Self-Suck

Oddpac87 likes this.
  23. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Man that sucks. So it’s looking like he’s for sure done? I like Jordan, not like a huge mark for him but it sucks when someone getting their big break gets its taken away like that (Kidd, Paige, etc)

24. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Not going to be able to see Takeover or summerslam live. Will try to follow along in the thread

25. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

PeacefulOrca likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.