Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread [Archived] • Page 624

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

LOL, what a "fresh start" for TNA. Let's ditch the name, rebrand, get the band back together... and highlight a feud between Josh Matthews/Scott Steiner v. Joseph Park/Jeremy Borash.

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Booty daddY?

3. devenstonow

Noobie

With not much to do at work the Friday before a holiday weekend, reading wrestling history stuff.

I think i asked this already, but what's considered to be the best piece of literature (ideally an article or something online) that has minimal bias? Because I always see people saying that Vince "did the same thing to territories that WCW tried" but everything I've read I agree with, but there's a big difference in that Vince was doing it to, essentially, make wrestling a national thing and legitimize what was, at the time, a sketchy and shitty industry. I don't know. I guess I'm looking for literature that shows Vince in a negative light instead of a neutral one.

4. Shrek

David Shoemaker's book, Squared Circle.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1592408818/?tag=absolutepunk-20

It's brilliant. It covers wrestling from it's inception as 8 hour grappling contests up until today. As someone who's been a wrestling nerd for half my life, I learned so much from it. He's got a great voice for this kind of thing. Can't recommend it enough.

devenstonow likes this.
  5. devenstonow

Noobie

Bought it.

oldjersey and electro haikus like this.
  6. Shrek

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Joe4th likes this.
  8. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I'm fairly certain that the Hunter Hearst Helmsley theme song is from a level in Mario Party

Mick and Joe4th like this.
  9. jmwhit04

May Your Music Break My Eardrums Prestigious

FloSlam increasing their monthly rate from $19.99 to $29.99.

Oof.

10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Arent they already struggling?

11. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Ouch. Honestly it's not horrible considering what they provide, but even then I can't imagine anyone would be willing to spend that much. I know it's a lot harder for smaller promotions to match the price point of WWE/NJPW, but I'd be shocked if they didn't see a huge uptick in subscribers if they dropped to that level.

12. Shrek

Yeah. I can pay that same amount for WWE Network, Hishspots Network, and NJPW World at the same time and have more amazing wrestling than I can even consume. Floslam doesn't stand a chance at becoming something I pay for.

13. jmwhit04

Speaking of way cheaper streaming services you could get than that, PROGRESS's Super Strong Style 16 tourney starts today. Here's the bracket:

https://goo.gl/images/KjYBnA

Im pulling for a Travis Banks/Matt Riddle final.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Lio Rush lost the CZW championship to Davey Richards. Interesting move.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Holy shit, Naito

16. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I thought I read Davey Richards was planning to retire soon

17. jmwhit04

Work ain't so bad when theres crossover episodes of WWE and Scooby Doo playing in the background.

18. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I completely forgot that I won tickets to Extreme Rules off my local radio station, they called me yesterday to tell me I can pick them up next week. I wonder where the seats are?

19. samoanowens

Regular

Where can I watch PROGRESS? I'm going to their show in Queens and wanna know more of their guys.
    Also would I be correct in assuming this tourney leads to #1 contendershio for the world title as Pete dunne isn't part of it?

20. jmwhit04

Streaming service. This tourney wont be broadcast live, it'll be up a few days after. It's $7.49 a month, use PWP99CENTS (almost positive that's the code) to get 99 cents for the first month.

And yes sir it does.

Pete will probably be showing his face nights 2 and 3 since night 1 is all first round matches.

samoanowens likes this.
  21. enlliac

The Real Azor Ahai

Going to a raw house show tonight. It'll be my first time seeing the Hardys, and it's in NC, so that should be fun

oldjersey likes this.
  22. devenstonow

Noobie

Just watched the last Ospreay vs Ricochet, damn that was insane

23. Shrek

I really need to catch up on BOSJ.

Just watched the Kendrick/Tozawa steet fight from 205. Good match, and had probably the cleanest table break of all time

Joe4th likes this.
  24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Who's theme do you pick? I really have no idea, I guess Flair?

Joe4th likes this.
  25. Shrek

Lol I would say using the theme music of a man with as many marriages as world championships may be a bit of a bad omen.

enlliac likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.