Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestle Kingdom 12 [Archived] • Page 7

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Ruethless

King of Europe

I think we'll see Naito go on a run this year, probably enter and win the New Japan Cup and challenge Okada again at the next event like in 2016, but who knows?

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I think it's Bad Luck Fale's time guys.

3. preppyak

Elite Supporter

watching the junior heavyweight match first...booking is already great with Scurll on the outside only breaking up pinfalls

and damn at that Ospreay moonsault

samoanowens likes this.
  4. Ruethless

King of Europe

Did they announce anything for New Year Dash yet?

5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Not yet, IIRC the past couple years I've watched the card has been a complete surprise going into the show.

6. Where can I watch this?

7. preppyak

Elite Supporter

jesus, the tope sunset bombs are crazy looking

Ospreay looked so good in that match

8. jmwhit04

May Your Music Break My Eardrums Prestigious

I did not make it through all the way. Missed the four way and Jay White/Tana, woke up and caught most of Omega/Jericho, and fell back asleep again. I'm weak.

9. preppyak Jan 4, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 4, 2018)
    preppyak

Elite Supporter

why are there count-outs in a no-DQ match in NJPW?

Jericho's heel work is still amongst the best in the world. Getting everyone to hate him in his first time back in years

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

They don't do many no DQ matches in New Japan, so it's likely there was some confusion or they just made it work for the story of the match. I thought it was odd that there was a rope break for a pin but not for submissions. There were definitely funky bits, but it worked for me in the context.

11. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Yeah, it ended up working, but the count-out was the only odd bit. I liked no rope break in submission...but the person cant tap there since its "outside" the ring (that's WWE rules as well). Thus why Jericho broke the hold later in the match, and why the rope break works on pinfalls.

Damn good match overall. Was every bit as heated a match as HHH/Seth last year, and they built the thing in a month

12. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Honestly after that performance, when Jericho decides to go back to WWE, he’s going to get the biggest reaction of his career. Well, as long as he doesn’t return in Corpus Christie

preppyak likes this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Really love Kenny's Pharah gear.

Joe4th, samoanowens and ghostedaway like this.
  14. Ruethless

King of Europe

That's Destiny

15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah thats destiny

16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

(?)

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

fuck Destiny.

Its Pharah to me dammit.

18. Ruethless

King of Europe

Kenny and I use the same gun

[​IMG]

Joe4th likes this.
  19. tucah

not champ Prestigious

hah, i had the pharah vs destiny debate last night as i was watching it.

(it's definitely destiny and i won the argument, gun in particular is clearly destiny)

Joe4th likes this.
  20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Just listened to Meltz Daddy on WOL.

- Favorite match was Omega/Jericho
    -Said definitely no 6 stars, lol.
    - Said he was kinda bummed by Naito not going over.
    - Thinks Ibushi may be next to challenge Okada next (total speculation)

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I can’t believe the commentators brought up the star ratings and the oddsmakers bit. I thought that was really dumb.

22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Excited to see where Naito's story goes next, his attempts at the stardust press show his wounds of his past aren't healed and he still has a way to go. Think Okada going over was the right choice. Naito will get his win. But he needs to fully let go of the past before that.

I think there was a rope break for the submission, jericho just didn't let go. Red Shoes couldn't really enforce it though. You can hear jericho shout "it's no DQ" at him. Whereas Red Shoes could stop the count on the pin.

23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Just caught the 4 way, those sunset flip powerbombs are so awesome.

Joe4th and preppyak like this.
  24. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

Just finished WK a little while ago. God damn that double main event was fantastic! My favorite part about the two matches is that they were two completely different styles. Jericho/Omega was a fucking fight. Trying to destroy each other at all costs. Okada/Naito was a great display of wrestling. Work on a body part (the neck in each case) and try to wear your opponent down until you can hit your finisher. Both styles fit the individual feuds perfectly. Don’t even care what the star ratings for these matches will be. Loved them!

That being said...Naito :verysad:

25. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Omega/Jerich, Kota/Cody were absolutely stellar. Okada/Naito was very good. Still have to watch the fatal four way since that got rave reviews.

electro haikus and Joe4th like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.