Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestle Kingdom 12 [Archived] • Page 6

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Gotta be Kenny sometime this year I'd think.

I don't know who is a credible threat beyond Omega and Naito.

2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

that was very surprising and honestly reminiscent of the shit that drives us nuts about WWE. great match though, the Destino/tombstone counter was beautiful

3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

That honestly makes no sense to me. I truly don’t get it.

4. Joe4th

Like... where does Okada and Naito each even go from here?

The match was great but this ending bums me out. So many years of building the Naito redemption story, only for it to not get the payoff.

tucah likes this.
  5. DeviantRogue

Rule of 3 in NJPW.

6. I wonder if they'll have Naito beat Okada sometime this year for the belt but it obviously loses the luster of being at WK

it was very much a WWE-like booking

7. DeviantRogue

The difference I think is I have much more faith in Gedo's long term booking than anyone in the WWE. The Ace doesn't really lose at WK unless its a passing of the torch moment ala Tanahashi's loss to Okada at WK10.

(That and match quality being as high as it is, makes the results less bothersome)

8. I agree - the finish doesn't diminish how fantastic a match it was and Okada is a fucking awesome wrestler so I have no beef - I just found it odd unless they are gonna go all of 2018 with Okada holding the belt and Naito defeats him in 2019

DeviantRogue likes this.
  9. or hell maybe an young up and coming guy like BRYAN DANIELSON could take the belt off of Okada .......

10. Joe4th

Normally I’m fine with it, and I do completely trust Gedo’s booking, but man, the storyline here was set so perfectly. I’m interested to see what happens at New Years dash tomorrow. Maybe a new surprise challenger comes ala Suzuki?

11. DeviantRogue

I mean don't get me wrong I absolutely thought it was time for Naito to win.. (tho I thought that last year with Omega, but I'm a Kenny mark).

I could totally see Daniel Bryan making that splash... when does his contract end again?

12. soonish - maybe around this year's Mania? even though I honestly think he's gonna wrestle Mania this year and stick with WWE

13. Joe4th

I thought his deal ran through like June then he has a three month no compete

14. gives him enough time to show up for WK13 haha

15. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i have no idea how Bryan could work NJPW with the safer, lucha-esque style he's talked about returning with, but I'd def watch

16. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Show was fantastic, of course. There were plenty of good moments on the earlier lower card matches (Bucks/RPG3K was good, loved seeing Yano and Trent win it for their team, Goto/Suzuki was fucking brutal, Cody was better than I expected in his match even if I'm still not a huge fan), and the 4 Way was insanely fun but the real stars were, of course, the two final matches. I knew Okada/Naito would deliver, slight apprehension about Okada winning aside, but Jericho/Omega was better than I ever thought it would be. Jericho without the chains of WWE was on fire and Omega was, well, Omega. I was expecting something great but it was my match of the night.

Joe4th likes this.
  17. tucah

not champ Prestigious

also we don't deserve chuckie t's twitter

you're a treasure, dustin

Joe4th and electro haikus like this.
  18. Joe4th

Chuck Taylor is a treasure

19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Just watched the double main events. Both delivered just like you would want them to. God damn there is such a high bar set in New Japan and the workers always deliver. Unbelieveable Okada went over, whoever finally beats him it's gonna be a really special moment.

@Drew Beringer that is a SIZZLING hot take concerning DBry.

What other matches should I go back to? 4 way? How was the Jay White match?

20. Joe4th

Jay white match was fine. I feel like Tana was obviously working hurt and Jay was definitely nervous.

Four way was fantastic though

tucah likes this.
  21. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I didn't care for the Jay White match but the 4-Way was definitely one of the best on the card.

samoanowens likes this.
  22. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Watched a few matches so far. Thought Cody/Ibushi was very good and was probably Cody's best match post WWE. His and Brandi's heel work was good stuff, and he actually delivered in ring. Jericho/Omega ruled. Just a straight up war between those two and it was great. Main event was great, but like what seems like everyone else, wrong call on Okada. Top guy seems to always win at WK, but man, Naito is literally right there. I could see another year run from Okada after this. Unless they have something massive planned, there's nobody who could realistically take the title from him.

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Rumble was something.

Bucks vs. R3K was a fun match, but was maybe 5-10 minutes too long. Thought R3K should have gone over. The selling in that match was pretty darn good. Thought there were some serious injuries early on.

Skipped through the 6-man belt.

Kota Ibushi and Cody was way better than I expected it to be. Ibushi can (and has) wrestled an invisible man and make it incredible. Not typically a fan of Brandi, but I like the direction they took with her.

Skipped through the tag match because KES suck.

Goto and Suzuki was fine. Really liked when Suzuki came back and shaved his own head.

Four way fucking ruled. Loved that match a lot. Junior division is just too much fun and the exact opposite of 205 Live.

Tana and White was whatever forever.

Jericho and Omega was my favorite of the night. This thing was just too much fun. Having the No DQ allowed for a lot of shenanigans and drag out a 30+ minute match Jericho definitely can't do anymore. I think a lot of the layout made it obvious Omega was going over, but I loved every bit of it.

Naito and Okada was awesome. Okada has this way of structuring his matches that just works so fucking well. The crowd (and myself) ate up every single near fall. I'm not sure the finish was the right way to go, but I'm confident it will pay off in the end. Destino to a piledriver is such a great spot.

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

First time i've seen a majority of SquaredCircle turn on NJPW after Okada went over. Lol.

25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Oh and holy lol at Jericho mimicking the crowd yelling kennnnyyyyyy

DeviantRogue likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.