Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Worth a Look: Scratch Track

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Today I came across this app called Scratch Track. The app lets you record song ideas and easily share them with bandmates to foster collaboration and keep everything in one spot. Here’s the founder on Medium talking about the app:

The concept for Scratch Track came from years of playing in DIY/punk bands, where musicians are always adapting to the latest, cheapest recording tools for capturing basic ideas. In recent years, we’ve found ourselves and many others relying heavily on the Voice Memo app (a simple recording tool that comes pre-installed on the iPhone). Capturing new ideas with Voice Memo was incredibly easy, but unfortunately, everything after that was a struggle.

You can watch a quick trailer here. The group sharing/collaboration feature is pretty great. I think being able to add notes and tags to the song clips would help with searching and sorting. This is definitely an app I’ll be keeping an eye on.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Hmmmm, I just added an app that sounds exactly like this called BandLab. I wonder which is better.

3. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

THIS IS COOL BECAUSE IT WAS MADE BY MEMBERS FROM DOWSING.

Been using it for a couple weeks now with a friend to spur creativity. I haven’t used it in a couple weeks due to being super busy, but they plan to implement track stacking (if they haven’t already) at some point which super cool and will vastly up the quality of collab that this app provides.

4. Fox83

Trusted

Apple only? Ugh.

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

dowsing and super unison and other dope bands!!!!

which tbh is the coolest part of the whole thing

weird that wasn't mentioned on a site that posts about emo regularly!!!

Ugly Mug likes this.
  6. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Thanks for sharing, could actually use something like this

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

downloaded

8. The Format

Regular

Maybe it was a sponsored post and didn't want to draw attention? either way i think it adds to the appeal.

9. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the bands have put their name on everything regarding this, the twitter page says what bands made this haha

10. The Format

Regular

[​IMG]