Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Worst Games You've Ever Played Video Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vase Full Of Rocks, May 20, 2018.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I play a lot of video games and I like to think I have a pretty high tolerance for some of the more cringeworthy titles. However, I just finished a game tonight and it was so terrible it made me angry that someone could be stupid enough to make it and that in turn made me upset for wasting time and money on it.

That got me to thinking. What's the worst games you've ever played?

The game I just played, Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls, obviously goes on my list, but I think I'd also include Haze (PS3), Emily Wants To Play (PS4), and some more I'm clearly blocking out of my memory.

2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Life

3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Code of Princess

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The obvious answer is Superman 64. Yeah I was one of the sad unfortunate children who bought that game back in the day not knowing how awful it was.

A not-so-obvious answer that I thought of, though, is Star Wars Epsiode III: Revenge of the Sith on PS2. Game was like 3 hours long and sucked.

SEANoftheDEAD and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  6. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I feel like I may be the only one who hasn't experienced the terribleness of Superman 64. Is it really that bad?

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It really, really is.

8. Shrek

i'm trying to think of my worst game ever but tbh i drop a game the second i stop enjoying it. except Hyrule Warriors which i played for a repulsive amount of time while having like no fun.

Henry likes this.
  9. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

That's really funny because I'm playing the definitive edition of that game and I like it a lot. I like it more than Breath of The Wild tbh.

I have this problem where I feel like if I've invested so much time into something, no matter how bad it is, I might as well finish it because otherwise I completely wasted my time.

Conception 2 is pretty terrible if anyone has a 3DS or Vita.

10. Shrek

i enjoyed the campaign, but i 100%'d the thing, including DLC Adventure Maps. this is the Wii U version without all the QoL updates of the 3DS/Switch versions, and those changes are substantial haha

11. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Anyone play Mario is Missing? That game was fucking atrocious. I remember how before Nintendo really buckled down and focused on fewer games ensuring a certain standard of quality, they used to just throw things at the wall and see what stuck. That game was one of those titles. Truly terrible.

Shrek and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  12. Shrek

no but i did play Mario's Time Machine for SNES, i deserve a fucking medal for trying (and failing) to beat that on a kindergarten education with no internet.

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Conception 2 is so fucking weird that I loved it a lot. Those cutscenes were unreal. lol

I just googled 'classmating' looking for gifs and I regret it. Some of them were super fucking creepy.

14. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

It was such a fucking cringey game. You can still enjoy things that are bad. I enjoy a lot of bad things.

15. chris

Trusted Supporter

I remember renting this game as a kid and being so fucking disappointed lol

16. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

So when I was a kid I went through a whole Mario phase and I had the exact same reaction haha. I was like "THIS ISNT A MARIO GAME!" and stormed off.

17. chris

Trusted Supporter

to their credit, mario looked very distressed on the game cover and my young brain was very concerned with needing to rescue him. too bad it was like a borderline unplayable education game

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  18. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I think I also played a few minutes of Mario's Time Machine and threw the controller down haha

19. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

resident evil 6. the only video im mad i ever played.

20. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I think I've played that one. I don't remember much of it haha.

21. chris

Trusted Supporter

I think I kinda fucked up with my playthrough of 6 by jumping between stories trying to play it chronologically instead of 3 different campaigns which made it feel too long and (justifiably) disjointed. Granted it didn't help that I wasn't enjoying the gameplay at all.

22. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Ohhhhh! I totally remember 6 now. I fucking hated that one.

23. Makoto

Monafide bonafide

Syndicate, Remember Me, Wet, Borderlands Pre-Sequel

24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

25. Morrissey

Trusted

Final Fantasy II's leveling system makes the game unplayable. Star Fox Zero's controls do the same thing.

Batman Forever for the Super Nintendo was terribly broken, and it frustrated my entire family when I was a kid. Of all the types of media, video games are probably the easiest to avoid true garbage.