Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Workaholics (Comedy Central) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Iain

Regular

Got to agree. I fucking love the San Andreas reference joke at the end.

2. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

I liked that, figured something along those lines was coming.

3. SLADE775

Last weeks episode was my favorite so far. And Jillian returns!

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Anyone else watch the series finale tonight?

I really liked the premise but I thought it could have been executed better. Felt very rushed. Still a surprisingly ambitious finale though, and I really enjoyed the one final scene with them on the roof (would have loved for Karl to show up at some point though). This show definitely had its ups and downs but I'm gonna miss it

5. SLADE775

I'm a little disappointed with it to be honest. Not really sure what they were trying to achieve. Sad to see them go out like that.

And I agree, no Karl? That's lame.

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I actually like it more the more I think about it. Obviously the whole thing is a reference to them getting the show and how it changed them and stuff (Blake is famous for his hair/image, Adam is super famous/the most popular one, Ders feels left behind), and the energy drink is Comedy Central. Maybe trying to say that they stopped feeling like friends and more like coworkers? Then the ending is them letting the show go to just be friends again

I think there's a lot to think about with this and it's very admirable that they took this route. Just kind of wish we got some actual story closure, even though this show had little actual story.

7. SLADE775

So they are resentful toward the two things that made they famous and open doors for them? That's ridiculous. It really seemed like a huge dig at Comedy Central. The worst part was that it really just wasn't that funny. I would have liked to have seen everyone at TAC and more variety for this being the last episode.

8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I really enjoyed the finale, I didn't really think it was them taking a dig at Comedy Central.

But yeah, lack of Karl was weak. Would've liked to see Jillian. The show wasn't perfect but I enjoyed it overall and will miss it

9. SLADE775

Another thing, it was kind of a dig at the fans of the show too. The guys that were obsessed with Blake, the catchphrases being used by everyone, people imitating them etc.

I liked the idea of them just being up on the roof as the show closes, but this episode didn't seem like a finale to me. Maybe that's the point?

After watching this, the It's Always Sunny finale and the FF15 ending. I'm feeling bummed out...

10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Just watched the finale. I finally get the title, it's because they so aren't Workaholics that calling the show that is a joke in and of itself.

Niiice.

I Am Mick likes this.
  11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

No but seriously, I liked the finale a lot. Great guest stars, solid premise, loved the meta humor and commentary on how the success of the show has changed the guys. It felt like they really got a lot off their chests with this, and in that way it was kind of cathartic. Only knock against it would be that I would've loved to have seen Karl in there somewhere scumming up the place in those party scenes. All in all, it was a solid finale coming at the end of a solid final season. I'll miss the show, but it was definitely time to end it. And these guys aren't going anywhere, they'll be around for a while yet.

tdlyon likes this.
  12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

All four of them are doing a Netflix movie together actually. Getting ready to shoot it judging by their Instagrams. Directed by Kyle and written by Anders

13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

This is exactly what I was hoping for. I loved the finale and was talking to someone about it being really cool if they did some movies together. Almost Cheech and Chong or Harold and Kumar like movies. Glad to see this!

14. SLADE775

It's weird that there are positive reactions to the finale in here. It seems like it was not well received by most.

15. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I laughed a few times and I liked the concept but not as a finale

16. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I saw negative reviews too. But honestly for a comedy show that had different storylines for every episode, what else could they have done as a finale?

17. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Rewatching the series because my girlfriend hasn’t watched it. Into season 4 and I forgot how gross this show could be! I love it.

18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

When they started leaning way more into grossout humor is when the show went downhill for me lol

mad likes this.
  19. Iain

Regular

This cracked me up! Discusses stuff i never knew about Workaholics.

20. DooDooBird

Trusted

This guy's voice, mannerisms, and facial expressions remind me of Tom back in the day when Tom would do Blink interviews on MTV and stuff.

chewbacca110 and Iain like this.
  21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've ALWAYS thought he reminded me of Tom Delonge lol, glad someone else agrees

yocoxy likes this.
  22. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

kyle likes this.
  23. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Hell yeah

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Super fucking stoked for this. I was hoping they'd make another movie all together after Game Over Man but the fact that it's a Workaholics movie is amazing news

25. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I still haven't finished watching the final season. Should get around to that soon

chewbacca110 likes this.