Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Woodstock Returns Again on the Festival’s 50th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

New York Times:

Half a century later, in a music market already jammed with big-ticket festivals, could another Woodstock muster the same impact?

Michael Lang, one of the producers of the original event, is betting that it can. From Aug. 16 to 18 — almost exactly 50 years after the first Woodstock — he will present an official anniversary festival, Woodstock 50, in Watkins Glen, N.Y., with ambitions to not only attract a huge multigenerational audience but to rally those fans around a message of social activism.

2. BradBradley

Regular

But do we think they can get Limp Bizkit to return?

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I used to be obsessed with wanting to go to Woodstock as a kid, but this could be either really cool or really bad haha.

Gonna super expensive too, I bet.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Green day, limp bizkit, Neil young (and any artist still alive and playing from 69 fest) headliners

5. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I'd rather re-read this Twitter thread than go to this.

6. BradBradley

Regular

Hahaha. That’s awesome. Well, one was the most legendary, iconic music festival of all time and the other devolved into a literal dumpster fire. Hmmm... tough choice!

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  7. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Santana! The world needs “Smooth (Live From Woodstock)”

Dan O'Neill and domotime2 like this.
  8. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

If organized properly and depending on the lineup I think this is awesome, and depending on costs and individual day lineups may be interested in going since it's only an hour and 40 minutes from me.

9. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

If they learned anything from 1999, they'll be smart to not book Limp Bizkit haha.

I've heard the lineup will span multiple eras and genres past and present so it'll be interesting to see who gets booked.

10. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Rewatching the Woodstock 99 footage is pretty surreal though. What a weird time the late 90s were.

That being said, if managed and executed properly, this could be awesome.

11. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i mean if i could time travel... i would go here. no question

Dan O'Neill and bd007h like this.
  12. nickdr921

Regular

they should get dead and company to play

13. russvanderhoof

pizza.~

We want Bruce.~

14. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Bruce would 100% play. I’d love to see how many different acts from different genres they would get on this bill.

Also, The Who should play since they were at the 1st Woodstock. I saw them in Atlantic City in summer 2017 and they’ve still got it.

15. somethingwitty

Trusted

Green Day and Nine Inch Nails based on how amazing their '94 performances were. NIN covered in mud is one of thr strangest live shows ive ever seen...

16. metallikunt

I'm in love with the ordinary

Now we just need to wait until 2023 and we can have the 30th anniversary of Waynestock!

Schwing

BradBradley likes this.
  17. BradBradley

Regular

”If you book them, they will come... again.” - Jim Morrison

metallikunt likes this.