Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Woodstock Music and Arts Fair 2019 Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by justin., Jan 9, 2019.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  2. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I'M LITERALLY TURNING 26 AT THE END OF THE MONTH WHAT THE HELL

3. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

So there are a couple events? Daughter mentioned the 50th anniversary show at the farm where the original was... It'd be interesting to see the line up for that - would be real interesting to see Santana, Grateful Dead, or the like, etc....

We'll see I guess.

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The 50th anniversary event at the original location isn’t associated with anyone from the original Woodstock. It’s basically Bethel Woods (the company that now owns that location) and LiveNation teaming up to play have a show in honor of Woodstock. The official Woodstock (being booked and operated by Michael Lang, the co-owner and booker of the ‘69 and ‘94 Woodstocks) is taking place at Watkins Glen. The original location has a 15,000 max cap. amphitheater built on it and Lang wanted an open field that will fit over 100,000, but as one user above suggested, some bands/artists could play both festivals. It just depends on people in their 70s want to perform in the August heat two days in a row.

Brent likes this.
  5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’d go if it was just a looped video of Richie Havens playing the original event.

tumbleweedterror likes this.
  6. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Oh, without a doubt. Bethel Woods feels more like a money grab on the basis of them believing they are the arbiters of the legacy of the original Woodstock. I'm all for Lang doing his thing and trying to bring some social awareness back to it that was sorely lacking from the 90s festivals (an aside but wow, looking back at the 90s is like looking back at the roaring 20s) and making it into something closer to what Woodstock was. I think it's a great time to get back to that and I know it's being held at Watkins Glen but you really can't pick a better place for it now.

justin. likes this.
  7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Sometimes I feeeeel like a motherless chiiiild

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  8. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

wait there's TWO festivals happening in upstate new york this summer?

Morgan likes this.
  9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

In the same weekend.

10. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I hope you know how delightful I think this post is because of your avatar

domotime2 likes this.
  11. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Man someone's definitely dicking someone here. Tough call too. Woodstock at where woodstock was... or woodstock by the guy who made Woodstock but like 2 hours north

12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The “Woodstock” where Woodstock was is just called “Bethel Woods Music and Culture Festival” and they are doing the dicking because Lang publicly revealed plans for his Woodstock nearly 5 years ago.

13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Santana, Joan Baez, Sly and the Family Stone, Kendrick Lamar, and Common have been basically confirmed for the Bethel Woods event.

14. MegT585

Trusted

Still waiting on this lineup....

Brent likes this.
  15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

MegT585 likes this.
  16. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Miley, Jay-Z, Black Keys and Halsey added too.

17. somethingwitty

Trusted

MegT585 likes this.
  18. manoverboard365

Trusted

This is shaping up pretty strong, especially since there's still like 30 more acts they need to announce.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  19. Maddy

Regular

Especially since all the other East Coast fests look like crap, this one looks even better

Fronnyfron likes this.
  20. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

That is a ridiculously powerful line-up already.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  21. Cgarnsay

Trusted

They should add Limp Bizkit for old times sake.

22. somethingwitty

Trusted

I was really hoping they'd invite some of the bands back from 1994 that had iconic sets. Namely, the Nine Inch Nails and Green Day mud sets. Both of those shows really helped them become huge stars at the time...

23. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

DMX for good measure

ABRfan3295 and Cgarnsay like this.
  24. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

But what about P R I M U S

25. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted