Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wonder Woman (Patty Jenkins, June 2, 2017) Movie • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Mar 24, 2016.

1. drewinseries

Drew

Trying not to get excited, trying not to get excited, trying not to get excited.

I'm really excited. I really hope this pulls things around, and this is coming from one of the few people who really enjoyed BvS (Ultimate, mainly, though I still dug my theater experience first time around). Happy to see WW will finally have some widespread appreciation.

Joe and scottlechowicz like this.
  2. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

If this does well, I wonder what that'll mean for Snyder.

3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Davjs likes this.
  4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

A couple Lasso of Truth clips, followed by a few clips of action scenes shown in the trailers. (Ends w/ the most recent trailer, so no, it's not a full 7 minutes of clips).

The second short clip, with Steve using the lasso to prove to Diana that he's not lying, is genuinely really funny to me. Good performances from both leads, with a decent bit of personality in that small taste, which makes me quite happy. I think this film is gonna be a perfect example of what DC can accomplish when it learns the right lessons from Marvel without trying to imitate Marvel. (Speaking of Marvel, think about if Patty Jenkins had stayed on for Thor: The Dark World.) I'm thinking Aquaman is gonna accomplish the same thing.

You know, with how successfully Jenkins is taking a character from Snyder's world and bringing her to life, maybe she should just be given Man of Steel 2 or whatever it'll be called. She's said that the original Superman film was a big influence on this film, so clearly she appreciates the character. Plus, we need more women at the helm of comic book films. I mean, with Whedon doing Batgirl, and Captain Marvel being directed by a man-woman duo, why can't women be considered for male-led films once in a while?

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah she says that in the trailer.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Read quite a few things about how this feels like the original Superman which is great. If Jenkins can handle the character, I'm all for it but I'm kind of pulling for Matthew Vaughn. His comments on what he loves and wants for that character is exciting to me.

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I would love for Matthew Vaughn to direct one of these DC films.

8. airik625

IMG_0904.JPG

I've liked just about every poster except this one I think.

9. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

Henry and Tim like this.
  10. I like the tank poster.

11. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

They've definitely done a great job with all these posters.

ship90 and BackyardHero11 like this.
  12. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah huge step up from the previous posters of the DCEU. hoping the JL ones follow suit.

Davjs likes this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Sounds like the review embargo is lifted today, so we should start to see them this afternoon. Really happy we get them a week early. I might actually buy tickets today!

14. airik625

I thought the embargo was lifted last week. I'm not exactly sure how the embargo works, though.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

There was a social media embargo that came up last week. This should be the one for full reviews.

airik625 likes this.
  16. airik625

Got it. That makes sense now.

17. ship90

Trusted Supporter

Alamo Drafthouse in Austin is having a women/girls only screening AND "everyone working at this screening -- venue staff, projectionist, and culinary team -- will be female." This is so rad! Just imagining how much fun this will be. Lucky to those of you who live there!

jkauf, SpyKi, Vivatoto and 3 others like this.
  18. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I think Wonder Woman has had the most posters and trailers of any movie ever. I must have seen 5+ new posters the past week.

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Crazy how there's critics calling this the best DC film since The Dark Knight. Anyway, I'll be seeing this for myself on Tuesday, I'll try to report back

20. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

TDK is the only good DC movie though, no? I mean, how many have there even been since?

Not that I'm trying to derail the hype of course, I have high expecations that I'm confident will be met.

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I'd easily say TDKR is great in spite of its flaws

22. And Batman Begins is great.

23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Indeed indeed

24. airik625

I actually don't think I would consider TDKR a great film. I don't think I've ever thought about it that way betore, so I'm kind of surprised to hear myself say that.

25. drewinseries

Drew

I feel like Batman Begins doesn't get the rep it deserves since people seem to view as just the precursor to The Dark Knight. Batman Begins is great, one of my favorite Batman scenes, where he's picking people off at that container yard. That was my favorite Batman scene, until Batfleck's warehouse scene and the knightmare sequence.