Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wonder Woman (Patty Jenkins, June 2, 2017) Movie • Page 32

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Mar 24, 2016.

1. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Weird choice.

2. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I like Wiig even beyond her comedies, but that seems like a terrible choice.

3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I do not see her playing a convincing villain at all. Maybe she does have some skills besides being a comedian, though? I’ll wait until I see footage.

4. Y’all need to watch more movies an actors in if you’re gonna take shots at her. Start with ‘Deadly Adoption.’

She’s great. And I think Jenkins knows what’s she’s doing.

Shrek and Vivatoto like this.
  5. Davjs

Trusted

Before WW, Gal was just the girl from Fast and Furious that couldn't act very well. I'm willing to give anyone a chance. Esp since the main thing DC has gotten right is all their casting.

Shrek, awakeohsleeper and RyanPm40 like this.
  6. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Cheetah has been a frenemy as much as a villain throughout the years. My guess is that would be the case here. With a second overarching villain.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Lol people think Kristen Wiig can't act.

coleslawed, Shrek, Tim and 2 others like this.
  8. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Literally not a single person has said that.

9. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Wiig can do this. I’m assuming not a lot of you guys saw mother!(?)

10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Cheetah is a great choice for a villain.

Re watched this last night with my wife who hadn’t seen it. She loved it. Honestly the beginning with the Amazon’s, and the animation of Zeus with the God’s is my favorite part.

Davjs likes this.
  11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I just haven’t seen her act in a serious role instead of a comedy. It’s not the same as saying she can’t act.

12. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

True you're right. I definitely think it's something she could pull off, especially with the direction or Patty Jenkins. Like someone else said I was definitely skeptical of Gal Gadot being cast initially.

13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Yeah. I am sure Patty Jenkins met her a few times before casting her. I can’t say I’m not intrigued to see how her chemistry is with Gadot

14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I trust a comedic actor doing drama more than a dramatic actor doing comedy tbh.

joe.boy.fresh. and Davjs like this.
  15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

They are definitely going to play off Barbara as a bumbling nerd. I think it would work for the pre-Cheetah turn. I just hope it isn't in the vein of Ghostbusters.

16. Ghostbusters was good.

Willing to die on this hill.

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Ghostbusters, if we can rehash this, certainly wasn't bad at all. Arguably a bit disappointing in comparison to a couple of Feig's other comedies, but it was fine (at worst) overall. I was happy I saw it

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

Ghostbusters certainly didn't deserve a lot of the hate it got, esp all that BS about it mattering at all that it was a female cast, but it still wasn't a very good movie on it's own right.

19. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Would cheetah be the sole villain?

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Wiig confirmed

Anthony_ likes this.
  21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

For anyone interested in Patty’s statement:

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Into it

23. Anthony_

I've seen quite a few people around the internet saying Wiig is not a good choice for this role given her comedy background, which is absurd. Even if Wiig hasn't already demonstrated several times that there's more to her as an actress than just Gilly, I would think after Wonder Woman people would at least put a little more faith in Patty Jenkins. Pulling a legitimately great origin film out of the trainwreck of the DC cinematic universe is no small feat, I think she's earned a bit of trust from the audience when it comes to her casting decisions.

24. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Idk why anyone would dislike this casting choice. I can TOTALLY see Wiig nailing this. Seems kinda perfect to me.

25. Anthony_

I think it's mostly coming from the contingent of DC fans who want these movies to be hyper-serious, dour slogs in the vein of Man of Steel or Batman v Superman. They see the casting of a comedic actress as a nod toward injecting more of a less serious tone into these movies. Ignoring the fact that moments of levity, when executed tastefully as they were in Wonder Woman, can only enhance a movie like this. Wonder Woman 1 handled its humor very well, I expect this one to be done similarly well.