Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wonder Woman (Patty Jenkins, June 2, 2017) Movie • Page 31

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

2. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Ughhhhh

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

James Cameron just got owned so hard

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

thenewtypetheory and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

6. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Months later and I finally saw this.

Overall, I liked it quite a bit. Definitely the best of the DCEU movies. However, I give 100% of the credit to Gal Gadot and Chris Pine, who absolutely shine. Honestly, the bad guy was boring (and I wish he actually hadn’t existed), the action scenes were typical DC sludge, and the writing was average. It also has the most forgettable “ragtag military squad” in the history of movies, I’ve already forgotten their names.

And yet Gadot and Pine are so damn enjoyable to watch, and have such good chemistry, that I liked it all the same. I found myself getting emotional during Pine’s final scene on the plane.

7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I wish he hadn't actually existed too. If it ended around when she killed the guy she thought was Ares and realized that nothing changed I would have liked it even more. Steve could have still sacrificed himself somehow if that's super important later

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Gotta wonder why there is such a huge difference in attendance today. Adjusted for inflation, Spider-man sits at $1.1 billion. Adding in that there was no 3D for that film, it's crazy what Spider-man's turnout looks like. Guess its just too expensive nowadays.

10. My guess: most people wait for tv and on demand, cause there’s always something to watch no matter what anyway

fenway89 likes this.
  11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Maybe one a factor could be that Spider-Man didn’t come out during a period of time where superhero movie fatigue had set in. It was more of an event, which probably caused more seats to be filled.

RobbieBerns and coleslawed like this.
  12. fenway89 likes this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

14. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

now that's how you use your clout! I'm so fucking ready for the matriarchy you guys.

SpyKi likes this.
  15. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Had no idea he was even in the franchise.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

She didn't really say anything?

ship90 likes this.
  20. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Not sure if shared in here, but it was brought up in the politics thread.

Wonder Woman Star Accused of Being a ‘Predator’ and Rapist Enabler

Really disappointing if true. It looks like the original post it's quoting from is down, but I read it yesterday and it was very long, detailed and disturbing. Kind of worrying to me that it was taken down.

21. Referring to that Today Show clip.

As vague as that was, if I'm being perceptive, I think she's saying that because their contract with RatPac was ending anyways, there was nothing she said or did that affected that?

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Looks like Cheetah will be the villain in the sequel. Which is good, because now we shouldn't get a damn space laser explosion thing to end the film.

23. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

CGI Cheetah

24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

There's talk of Kristen Wiig playing Cheetah

25. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Not one of the first names to come to mind for sure