Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wonder Woman (Patty Jenkins, June 2, 2017) Movie • Page 30

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Mar 24, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

ship90 and Joe4th like this.
  2. ship90 likes this.
  3. Cameron also said he liked Terminator Genisys and that it "reinvigorated" the series lol.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

go make another 47 Avatar movies no one is asking for

5. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I don't think he's wrong about how self-congratulatory Hollywood has been about it, it's a very safe and mainstream feminist work, even though I think it's good. Step backwards is strong though, I don't agree there. If anything it's a step that's been overdue for about 40 years. And I disagree with his assessment of her as objectified: his comments make it seem like a female character who is traditionally feminine and beautiful and confident from her introduction isn't as valid a hero as a female character who isn't.

6. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

dope

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  8. Davjs

Trusted

I think Cameron is wrong about WW, but correct about Sarah Conner. Sounds like he just wanted take the op to brag about his character.

9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

"My female character is better than your female character" - James Cameron

coleslawed, Kingjohn_654 and oakhurst like this.
  11. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Finally caught this last night. It was pretty solid, but the story felt pretty standard and the ending felt like Snyder "grabbed the controller" from Patty Jenkins. Still, outside of Nolan, it was WAY better than anything we've seen from DC. I don't really see this being up for Best Picture though, which I really mean from quality of film vs. it being a being a superhero film.

I am very proud that audiences really accepted a female hero. I'm really not trying to see Marvel-oriented, but I think the big test will be Captain Marvel. I hope it garners a good amount of success as well. I only say this because Wonder Woman has a lot of awareness behind her, but, on all fronts and not just keeping this to superhero films, I'm happy this has really stirred the conversation about accepting female heroes just the same as male heroes.

12. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I hate that, in an age with two successful Guardians of the Galaxy films, we're still calling films where the main character isn't a dude "tests." Like, come on. This shouldn't be a conversation. Only the stupidest corners of humanity are skeptical of if audiences are ready to step beyond white dudes named Chris.

I hope that Sony's Silver & Black film (helmed by a WOC) is a massive hit and makes these freaking dweebs implode.

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm not sure how this could possibly happen. Those two are hardly household names, even for comic fans. It could be 'successful' if the budget is low, and it is well received by critics, but there is nothing about the idea of that film that screams, "I NEED TO SEE THAT."

14. ... it's Black Cat and Silver Sable. I'm in.

awakeohsleeper and Tim like this.
  15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

"Massive hit" was hyperbole out of frustration, but it'd be pretty easy for Silver & Black to be a hit. I don't think it'll have a lot of competition in February 2019, and a Thelma and Louise style film based on a Marvel property sounds like something that could really resonate with audiences, even if it's a pretty obscure property.

Like, I'm not predicting Deadpool or Wonder Woman numbers, but in a world where those two and GOTG were hits, this certainly has more potential to succeed than fail. It just needs to be marketed well and not be Fant4stic. It already has a good director attached, and after they got Tom Hardy for Venom, I'm not worried about the casting here.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Joe and awakeohsleeper like this.
  17. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Them back end deals are where it's at. Stoked for her.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

20. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Which blu-ray is everyone getting? I'm really digging the target cover.

[​IMG]

21. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Might be getting that one too

22. Re-watched this over the weekend, still really good.

coleslawed and Vivatoto like this.
  23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

24. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

So, did anyone else see the epilogue from
    The bluray?