Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wonder Woman 1984 (Patty Jenkins, Dec 25, 2020) Movie • Page 24

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

lol this movie was Rotten yesterday and they added more reviews to get it back over the 60% threshold.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

WB shelved most of their slate to 2021 so it makes sense they'd go for a hail Mary with WW84.

4. Morrissey

Trusted

Why wouldn't you submit every film you have for every award?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Money for campaigning, I imagine. The whole FYC thing is weird. I remember a few years ago they released their submissions and some of them were movies I never heard of before or since (One was called "Head Full of Honey"), while they ignored others like "Game Night" that would have had a fighting chance in comedy categories of awards shows that had them.

Anyway, the whole thing is very dumb.

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

watched this again. didn’t hold up that as you can imagine. but i still liked a number of certain aspects so i can’t really go super negative with it either. i’ll concede i was wrong about it being better than shazam...

8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I can’t imagine watching this a second time. Were you punishing yourself?

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i mostly liked it the first time :shrug:

it’s not good but it’s better than it’s current reputation. it just should’ve been a few times better than it ended up being

10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

sicko

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah that’s me!

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

back on hbo max 5/13

13. Maverick

Trusted

I watched Wonder Woman and forgot how great it was while drinking and said fuck it and rewatched 1984 cause I love Gal Gadot and Chris Pine’s chemistry. And because I was drunk I actually kind of enjoyed this..

..but that’s also because I fast forwarded through a good 1/3rd of the movie, pretty much anything with Pedro Pascals character and some of Kristen Wiig’s scenes - once you forward through a lot of the nonsense there’s a decent movie with some neat performances in here.

14. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Pascal is the best part because he’s the only one who realizes what an insane movie he’s in. You skipped the wrong parts.

15. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

This. He hams it up but makes it work... one of the few parts of the movie that's an unqualified positive imo

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. soggytime

Trusted

The climax of the movie explains why Gal Gadot thought singing Imagine during the start of the pandemic was a good idea

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

impeccable timing!

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

19. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Does anyone think seeing that movie in a theatre would have changed their opinion of it?

20. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Nope, movie was terrible

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  21. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s how I feel, while she’s right, the movie just stunk and I would’ve went to the bathroom without feeling like I would’ve missed anything

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  22. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

If anything, I think I probably enjoyed this movie's out-of-control "what the fuck were they thinking with this?" story more at home the day after Christmas when most other things in the world were pretty shitty.

ChaseTx and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  23. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

24. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Literally watching right now, having the climatic music blasting for the full 5 minutes during the flashback/give-back-your-wish/ALISTAIR scene would have been nauseating lol

25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

RyanPm40 likes this.