Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wonder Woman 1984 (Patty Jenkins, Dec 25, 2020) Movie • Page 23

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Hearing zouk's take on cocaine fueled Pascal is what I need right now

Zilla likes this.
  2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

The more I think about this move, the more I hate it. Quite impressive actually.

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Just remembered that one of this film’s writers, David Callaham, is also writer of Shang-Chi & the Spider-Verse sequel.

I’m sure Geoff Johns & Patty Jenkins had a lot to do with how this turned out, but that’s still... less than ideal? Especially for the sequel to the best comic book film ever (though, knowing how the first Spider-Verse slowly came together & some of the people involved in the second, I’m pretty sure it’ll be fine).

Victor Eremita and RyanPm40 like this.
  4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Thanos in Infinity War and Endgame is one of the best-looking CGI characters in modern film

5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Most Marvel films have a few writers that either overlook or edit the script. With Destin Cretton directing and contributing to the script I’m not too nervous with Shang-Chi.

But, man....Callaham’s career marks are not impressive. I don’t know how he scored, WW, Shang-Chi, and Spider-Verse.

6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Some Hollywood dudes are just super good at stumbling up ladders, as if gravity has the opposite effect on ‘em.

7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

upload_2020-12-31_14-17-34.jpeg

Talelala likes this.
  8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  10. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Man was this upsettingly bad. Can’t even really wrap my head around how massive a fumble this was

Anthony_ likes this.
  11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

This was one of my most anticipated films so I am sad to see the reactions here. Haven’t seen it myself yet as cinemas aren’t open in my area of the UK and they haven’t made it available for streaming anywhere for us yet. I have to say I might not bother paying now and wait until it’s on Netflix or something like that in the future. What a shame. So disappointing.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Ehhhh it’s not a very good movie but I always think you should decide for yourself.

13. RyanPm40 Jan 1, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 1, 2021)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

It was fine, I don't regret watching it, but it wasn't good either. It's okay for mindless enjoyment and still better than most of this iteration of the DCEU. Maybe a tiny bit better than Man of Steel, and a hundred times better than BvS.

Still, I'm cool with sending WB a message to stop putting out shit movies, so I don't blame anyone for not buying a ticket. Not that I think it really matters at this point since the 3rd is being fast tracked.

Zilla and Anthony_ like this.
  14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I wish I could unwatch it solely because I’m mad I contributed to the high view count it had last week.

That said I’m also immensely glad I did not pay to see it.

Brent, phaynes12 and RyanPm40 like this.
  15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Totally agree - that’s why I said I won’t pay for it (if it’s released pay-per-view here) but I’ll wait until it’s on a UK based streaming service.

16. Didn’t something similar happen with Netflix’s Birdbox? Broke streaming records but it was still trash

Brent likes this.
  17. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Bird Box was better than WW84, and that's saying something

RyanPm40, phaynes12 and Why Bother? like this.
  18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

To be fair, Netflix (and other streaming services) say their movies break records all the time. But they don’t report at actual numbers, so they all could be full of it. That Hollywood Reporter story is based off of an audience survey.

RyanPm40 and imthesheriff like this.
  19. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I second this.

I honestly think it usually just comes down to complete and utter overuse of CGI though. For every Thanos or Gollum or Jurassic Park t-rex there are literally thousands upon thousands of times that they use CGI for characters just standing in a field outside when the world is full of perfectly good fields outside that you could shoot in, or they use CGI to make a costume when an actor wearing a costume made out of fabric material would have been cheaper and looked infinitely better. I think a lot of times they end up stretching their artists far too thin when they just don't have the time.

I know I am fully just old man yelling at cloud right now, and I'm actually totally okay with wonky looking CGI if the story is good, but I think there are plenty of examples showing the sheer and utter magic that they can achieve when they use CGI smartly, and also plenty of examples when they just use a shit ton of CGI as a late in the game band-aid for poor planning or other types of short cuts.

awakeohsleeper and RyanPm40 like this.
  20. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I’m watching the first movie right now and it’s shocking how much better it is than this movie. The action scenes are absolutely amazing and what you want from Wonder Woman. It has everything WW84 lacked. Probably my favorite origin story along with Guardians of the Galaxy.

21. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

David Sims on Blank Check's line about this movie so fully wrapped up everything I hate about the internet and Twiter and discourse in two succinct sentences:

"Everyone's gonna fucking yell at me. Whatever, whatever, I liked it."

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

WB doing great

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah hbo max is a garbage app but where the fuck are theaters open to even make that much???

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The Midwest

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I don't know if this was already posted but.....lmao

Joe likes this.