Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wonder Woman 1984 (Patty Jenkins, Dec 25, 2020) Movie • Page 22

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Jul 31, 2018.

1. drewinseries

Drew

I really wanna see Circe.

2. Dodge725

Trusted

My fiancé and I thought this would have been much better if it was a deal with Hades that brought Steve back and not a stupid stone.

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I think if the movie was just the stone falling into the wrong hands repeatedly, that would have been more interesting than Max Lord wishing to...become the stone.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  4. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Umm did I just really see an article about how Diana is a rapist because Steve is inhabiting the body of someone else?

5. drewinseries

Drew

Probably

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Should have named the bad guy Max MacGuffin

imthesheriff likes this.
  7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

or max dillon, except i’m not talking about pedro pascals character

8. Furry Werthers

Trusted

I mean... that was literally all that could go through my head during that nonsense, sooooooo :/

Anthony_ likes this.
  9. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

But...it doesn’t make any sense

10. Furry Werthers

Trusted

I mean, they um... (presuming they had sex before the scene where they wake up in bed together) used that guy's body to have sex without his consent. He didn't give it, they didn't ask for it, and his body was used. We as *the audience* see Steve, and she drops that bullshit "I only see you" line, but as shown in the mirror... that's some other dude's body. I don't know... how else to read that.

RyanPm40, Anthony_ and cybele like this.
  11. NitrateDawn

Regular

I was really loving this movie for the first half, but it’s hard to think of a movie in recent memory with a less coherent second half. Yikes.

12. NitrateDawn

Regular

The most baffling part about this is that the issue could have so easily been avoided. It makes infinitely more sense for a boyfriend brought back by a magic stone to just appear in his own body, not possess someone else’s. I cannot fathom what this added and the rules of this stone are so poorly defined.

13. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Also, that they tried to make it heartfelt at the end of the movie. Like (Jason Mantzoukas voice) What!?

Furry Werthers and RyanPm40 like this.
  14. Can't wait for The Flophouse's episode on this

15. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Definitely going to need a How Did This Get Made episode on this movie.

Zilla likes this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah I mean it's the textbook definition. Just because it's played for laughs doesn't mean that isn't what it is technically.

Furry Werthers and RyanPm40 like this.
  17. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

If we’re talking comedic movie podcasts in here, Blank Check is releasing a WW84 episode on Sunday!

18. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

We Hate Movies already announced this is their episode next Tuesday to kick off 2021

Zilla and Why Bother? like this.
  19. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Is this a Patreon ep or are they going non-canon for a week?

20. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Chapo Trap House, where I get all my news & political opinions, did an episode on it.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  21. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

yeah now that god king will menaker said it was awful I don't even need to see it

Tim likes this.
  22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I wish I could unwatch it just so I didn't contribute to WB thinking it was successful

24. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

2 week Bobby-Z break. WW this week, Tenet next week

Zilla and Anthony_ like this.
  25. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Love it. I can't wait to hear them talk about this.